About Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp landed his first legitimate movie role in Nightmare on Elm Street (1984). He began studying acting in earnest, the lessons paying off in 1987 when he landed a role on the TV show 21 Jump Street. He has since become known for his willingness to take on darker roles in films such as Edward Scissorhands (1990), Sleepy Hollow (1999) and Alice in Wonderland (2010), as well as his starring efforts in the big-budget Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
||John Christopher “Johnny” Depp II
||Johnny, Mr. Stench, Colonel
||American Actor, Producer, and Musician
||in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”
||in Kilograms- 78 kg
in Pounds- 172 lbs
||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 12 Inches
||John Christopher Depp (Civil Engineer)
||Betty Sue Palmer (Waitress)
||Christi Dembrowski (Film Producer),Debbie Depp
|Date of Birth
||June 9, 1963
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
||Miramar High School, Miramar, Florida, USA
||High School (Drop Out)
||Film Debut – Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Television Debut – 21 Jump Street (1987)
Johnny Depp Has Won 25 Awards In Total
Relationships & more
||Mexican Food, Blueberry and Ginger Bourbon Sour, Chateau Petrus, Chateau Calon-Segur
||Ulysses by James Joyce, The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson
Some unknown facts about Johnny Depp
- Does Johnny Depp smoke?: Yes
- Does Johnny Depp drink alcohol?: Yes
- He declared in an interview that when he was a kid, he used to do weird things like repeatedly turning off light switches, making out odd noises etc.
- In his childhood, he along with his siblings lived in more than 20 different places.
- His mother was a waitress.
- When he was 12, his mother gifted him a guitar which he carries even today.
- He collaborated with a rock band named Rock City Angels and co-wrote their songs.
- During his struggle days he did many odd jobs including a telemarketer for pens.
- The year 1990 was the turning point of his film career by doing roles in two big classics – “Cry Baby” and “Edward Scissorhands” which established him as an A-list actor.
- In 1994, he was nominated for Golden Globe Award for Best Actor for his role in the film “Ed Wood”.
- His most popular character is that of “Captain jack Sparrow” in “Pirates of the Caribbean” series and he was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as “Captain Jack Sparrow” in the first film of this series i.e. “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl” in 2003.
- In 2004, he was again nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor for his performance in the film “Finding Neverland”.
- In 2004, he formed his own production company “Infinitum Nihil” which means “Nothing is Forever”.
- In 2012, Guinness Book of World Records listed him as the world’s highest paid actor ($75 million) for the year 2011.
- Despite being nominated several times, he never get an Oscar.
- People magazine named him “Sexist Man Alive” twice in 2003 and 2009.
- He has a fear of dancing and has never danced in his real life.
Famous Dialogue / Popular Speech
“Life’s pretty good, and why wouldn’t it be? I’m a pirate, after all.”
Social Media Profile