Saravanan Sivakumar, known by his stage name Suriya, is an Indian actor, producer, television presenter and a philanthropist. He is best known for his work in Tamil cinema, where he is one of the highest paid actors
||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 7”
||in Kilograms- 72 kg
in Pounds- 159 lbs
||– Chest: 40 Inches
– Waist: 32 Inches
– Biceps: 13 Inches
||Father- Sivakumar (Actor)
Mother- Lakshmi Sivakumar
Brother- Karthik Sivakumar a.k.a Karthi (Younger, Actor)
Sister- Brindha Sivakumar
|Date of Birth
||23 July 1975
|Age (as in 2017)
||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
||Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
||Long driving and camping
Relationships & more:
||Jyothika (Actress, m.2006-present)
||Curd rice & pickle, Dosa, Thai cuisine
||Kamal Hassan and Rajinikanth
Some unknown facts about:
- Does Suriya smoke?: Not Known
- Does Suriya drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Surya belongs to a filmy background as his father, brother and wife are all actors.
- Director Mani Ratnam gave him the name Suriya, to avoid any confusion of names with the actor, Saravanan.
- When he passed his 10th standard, he got an offer from a director, but he wasn’t confident about his looks and height, and instead went on to complete his graduation in Commerce.
- He started his career as a merchandizing manager in a garment factory and worked there for 3 years.
- His first salary was 1000 (INR), from which he gifted his mother a saree.
- His role as Nandha in the film Nandha was the breakthrough role in his acting career which earned him a Film Award for the Best Actor.
- Ajay Devgan‘s Singham film was the Hindi remake of his 2010 Tamil hit film Singam.
- He along with his wife Jyothika is the founder of Agaram Foundation which helps out school drop out children to rehabilitate.
- Actress and politician Nagma is the half-sister of his wife Jyothika.
- His dream is to direct a film and loves to spend time in recording, story discussions and editing to groom himself.
- He has donated his body parts after his life.