Karim Mostafa Benzema is a French professional footballer, currently playing for the French national football team and Spanish club Real Madrid. The 9-year-old joined Lyon-based Olympic Lyonnais, or Lyon when he was 9 years old. After making her professional debut in the 2004-2005 season, he rose to prominence in the 2007-2008 season, becoming Lyon’s top scorer with over 30 goals as he helped them win their seventh consecutive title. As well as being named the ‘Ligue 1 Player of the Year,’ he was also named to the ‘Team of the Year’ by the ‘National Union of Professional Footballers’ (UNFP).
He signed a six-year contract with ‘Real Madrid’ in 2009 and has so far won several titles with the club, including the ‘Copa del Rey’ and the ‘La Liga. He has also won three French Player of the Year awards. It’s equally impressive to see him perform on the national team. Upon making his senior debut in March 2007, he went on to play in three major international tournaments: the 2008 and 2012 UEFA European Football Championships, as well as the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
||Karim Mostafa Benzema
||35 (as in 2022) Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Date of Birth
||19 December 1987
||Listening to Music, Playing Video Games
||• Gressy Benzema
• Sabri Benzema
• Farid Benzema
||• Lydia Benzema
• Nafissa Benzema
• Sofia benzema
• Laeticia Benzema
• Celia Benzema
||• Zahia Dehar (2008) – Algerian-French fashion designer and the former prostit*te had s*x with Karim when she was 16 in 2008. It came into the news later after a prostituti*n case was filed.
• Manon Marsault (2010-2013) – From 2010 to 2013, Karim had dated Manon Marsault.
• Jenifer Yael (2012) – In 2012, Karim had a brief romance with Jenifer Yael.
• Rihanna (2015) – In 2015, Benzema had a fling with the famous singer Rihanna.
• Analica Chaves (2015) – Karim dated Analica Chavez for a couple of months in 2015.
• Chloé de Launay – Benzema had a relationship with nurse Chloe de Launay in the past. The couple has one daughter, Melia (b. February 3, 2014).
• Cora Gauthier (2016-Present) – Karim then started dating model Cora Gauthier after meeting her during the spring of 2016 in Madrid, Spain. They got secretly married to each other. He became a dad for the second time when he welcomed his son named, Ibrahim on May 5, 2017.
Marital Status, Wife and Children
||Daughters-• Mélia (Born to Chloé de Launay)
||Benzema attended Olympique Lyonnais Academy. He was a good student and has been described as discreet and respectful.
||French Professional Footballer
||Benzema has appeared in numerous TV commercials for Adidas.
||Karim is signed with BK 2 Consulting.
||In 2004 for Lyon
||In 2007 for French International Team
||• France national football team
• Real Madrid
||• 19 (France national football team)
• 9 (Real Madrid)
||• In 2007-08 season, Benzema scored 30 goals and helped Lyon win seventh straight League Title. Due to his performance he was named the National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP) Ligue 1 Player of the Year and named to the organization’s Team of the Year. Benzema was also the league’s top scorer and given the Bravo Award by Italian Magazine Guerin Sportivo.
• In 2011, playing for Real Madrid he scored 32 goals and won Real Madrid Copa del Rey and La Liga of 2011-12 edition.
• He was named “French Player of the Year” for his performance in 2011, 2012 and 2014.
|Career Turning Point
||At the start of his career, playing for Lyon, he scored 30 goals in 2007-08 seasons.
• Counter attack threat
• Weak coordination when pressured
• Weak ball handling skills
• Rarely can create a situation for himself
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
||in centimeters- 187
in meters- 1.87 m
in Feet Inches- 6’ 2”
||in Kilograms- 80 kg
in Pounds- 176 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
|Favourite Playing Position
|Favourite Football Players
||Ibiza (Balearic island in the Mediterranean Sea)
||• Benzema faced French judiciary for being charged with soliciting underage prost*tute. The charges were dropped in 2014.
• On 4 November 2015, Karim was arrested for potential s*x tape blackmailing of his French fellow Mathieu Valbuena.
He was born on December 19, 1987, in Lyon, France, to Hafid Benzema and Wahida Djebbara, French nationals of Algerian descent. With his eight siblings, he grew up in a small house in Bron and led a modest lifestyle.
He began playing football at age 8 with the local club ‘Bron Terraillon SC.’ Both of his younger brothers have also played football. A match between the Lyonnais youth academy and Benzema’s Lyonnais team in the under-10 age group attracted the attention of club officials. After joining ‘Lyon’ in 1996, he eventually became a member.
Between 2010 and 2013, he was romantically linked to Manon Marsault. In addition to his wife, he has two children: daughter Melanie, born February 3, 2014, and son Ibrahim, born May 5, 2017. Fasting is a religious requirement for him during Ramadan.
Two times he found himself in trouble with the law. The incident was first reported by French TV network ‘M6’ on April 18, 2010. A teen was charged for soliciting a minor prostit*te. A trial is taking place in the case. As part of another arrest, a French police officer arrested him on November 4, 2015, because he had blackmailed French international footballer Mathieu Valbuena.
Karim Benzema Net Worth
Karim Benzema’s net worth has been estimated to be $46 million, approximately the same as Rs. 343 crores in Indian currency (i.e. approximately Three Hundred Forty-Three crore INR). His net worth and income are largely derived from his football career.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
||₹ 36 Crore Per Year
||• Range Rover
• Mercedes Benz
Karim Benzema has incredible brand value, as well as being recognized across the globe as one of the most powerful players. A huge amount of money is also earned from various International and National Football matches as well as from his club team, Real Madrid. A large amount of money is also charged by him when he endorses multiple brands.
Karli Benzema owns several luxury homes in France and India, which he purchased in 2015. There is an estimated value of 2.7 Million USD for this Real Estate Property.
Karim Benzema owns a quite average collection of cars. A few of the world’s most luxurious automobiles belong to him. Karim Benzema owns a number of Car brands, including Range Rover, Mercedes Benz, Ferrari, and Bugatti.
- Upon arriving at Lyon, he became part of the club’s academy, where he quickly rose through the ranks. He scored 38 goals in the ‘Championnat National des 16 ans,’ a French league for under-16-year-olds.
- As an amateur football player, he was elevated to the reserve team of the club that participated in the ‘Championnat de France Amateur’ before the 2004-2005 season of the ‘Ligue 1.’
- On January 15, 2005, he made his professional debut against ‘FC Metz’. Lyon won the match 2–0. A three-year contract was subsequently signed by Benzema. After winning the league title for the fourth time that year, the club earned its fifth consecutive championship.
- “Lyon” played at Rosenborg on December 6, 2005, in a 2–1 win over the Norwegian club, which marked the player’s Champions League debut. A professional goal was scored by Benzema for the first time in that match.
- Lyon’s 4–0 win over Grenoble in the Coupe de France marked his first professional double. On March 4, 2006, he scored in his first league game against ‘Ajaccio.
- During the 2007-2008 season, he was the team’s leading striker. He won the Trophy du Meilleur Buteur after scoring 20 goals and topping the league. He scored a goal in the League Cup, scored four goals in the Champions League, and tallied six goals in the French Cup, helping Lyon earn the first double in the history of the club. During that season, on September 15, his hat-trick was also delivered against Mets.
- On March 13, 2008, he signed a contract extension with ‘Lyon’, which meant that he would be employed until 2013, with an option to extend for an additional year. This season, the ‘UNFP’ named him the ‘Ligue 1 Player of the Year’ and included him in the ‘Team of the Year. He also received the ‘Bravo Award’ from the Italian magazine ‘Guerin Sportivo’ that year.
- On July 9, 2009, he signed a contract with the Spanish professional football club ‘Real Madrid’. On July 20, he made his debut with the club in a pre-season friendly against the Irish club ‘Shamrock Rovers’. During the same match, he scored his first goal for the club and led them to a 1–0 victory.
- On August 24, 2009, he netted two goals for ‘Real Madrid’ against the Norwegian club Rosenborg in a 4-0 win during an annual friendly tournament for the ‘Santiago Bernabeu Trophy.
- After making his league debut on August 29, 2009, he scored his first league goal in September 2009, when the team beat ‘Xerez’ 5-0. He made his Champions League debut for the club on September 30 that year.
- In the 2010–2011 season, he became the first Real Madrid player to score a hat-trick. In that same match, Real Madrid came out with a 4–0 victory. In the era of the Champions League, his first goal launched Real Madrid past 300 goals. A ‘Copa del Rey’ match against ‘Levante’ against which ‘Real Madrid’ won 8–0, provided him with his second hat-trick for the club.
- The ‘Real Madrid’ team won the Copa del Rey finals against ‘Barcelona’ on April 20, 2011, at the Montenegro stadium. On December 10, 2011, I scored the fastest goal in an ‘El Clásico’ in just 21 seconds. In December of that year, France Football named him ‘French Player of the Year,’ an honor he earned again in 2012 and 2014.
- He won his second ‘Copa del Rey’ with ‘Real Madrid’ when the club beat ‘Barcelona’ 2–1 at the Mestalla in Valencia on April 16, 2014.
- August 6, 2014, marked the signing of Benzema to a new five-year agreement with ‘Real Madrid’. Benzema’s contract stated he would remain at the club until 2019. His name was announced as ‘La Liga Player of the Month’ in October of that year.
- At the club’s annual meeting, he signed a contract extension that would keep him there until 2021.
- Benzema’s time with ‘Real Madrid’ has been eventful so far. During the 2011-2012 and 2016-2017 seasons, he was a member of the squad that won the ‘La Liga’ championship. . He won the Supercopa de Espaa twice with the club, in 2012 and 2017. In 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, Benzema also played in the champions league winning squad for his club. A three-time winner of the UEFA Super Cup and the FIFA Club World Cup, Benzema won both events in his time at the club, in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
- He started his international career at the ‘Under-17’ level, where he represented France. He was a member of the ‘Under-17’ team that won the 2004 ‘UEFA European Under-17 Championship’ on May 15, 2004, defeating Spain 2–1.
- After making his senior international debut on March 28, 2007, he went on to represent France in the 2008 and 2012 European Championships. In 2014, he was also part of the French team that took part in the FIFA World Cup. The FIFA World Cup 2010 and the UEFA European Championship 2016 squads, however, did not include him.
Facts About Karim Benzema
- Does Benzema smoke?: Yes
- Does Benzema drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Da Lakehal Benzema, Karim’s grandfather, was Algerian; he migrated to France in 1950.
- His family of nine children includes Karim, the third-youngest.
- Hafid, Kamirid’s father, was also born and raised in Tigzirt, Algeria, whereas Wahida Djebbara, his mother, was born and raised in Lyon.
- Adidas sponsors Benzema, who has appeared in a number of television ads for the sportswear company.
- Benzema played for Lyon until 2009, following which he moved to Real Madrid for a fee of over €35 million.
- When Benzema debuted representing the United States against Austria, he was just 19.
- It is said that Benzema is among the most powerful strikers in the world.
- A favourite actor of Benzema’s is Denzel Washington.
- A favorite holiday destination of Benzema is Ibiza, Spain.