About Vijay Rupani
Vijay Ramniklal Rupani is a well-known politician of India who belongs to the Bharatiya Janata Party. Since 7th August 2016, Vijay Rupani has been serving as the chief minister of Gujarat. He is also a member of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly representing Rajkot West. Originally Vijay Rupani was born in Rangoon, Burma. In this article, we are going to discuss Vijay Rupani Wiki bio, age, career, political journey, and many more.
The chief minister of our Gujarat state Vijay Rupani was born on 2nd August 1956 at Rangoon, Burma. As of 2021, he is 65 years old. He along with his family moved to Rajput from Burma in the year 1960. He has completed his bachelor of arts degree from Dharmendra Singh Ji Arts College. After completing his graduation he also pursued LLB from Saurashtra University. He was very much interested in politics since childhood so during his final year’s studies he has joined ABVP, Jan Sangh, and RSS simultaneously.
Vijay Rupani is a very simple Jain baniya. Being a very well known politician he is having a very good personality. He is having an average height of 5 foot 6 inches which are equivalent to 168 CM. His bodyweight is 66 kg which is perfect according to his height. Vijay Rupani is a very fit Indian politician who regularly follows an exercise routine to remain fit. He is having black colour eyes and his hair colour is also black. He always says that yoga is the perfect exercise and it also helps to remain him cool and calm. He also suggests everyone follow a strict yoga routine to remain calm and healthy.
Vijay Rupani father name is ramniklal Rupani and her mother name is Mayan. He was born to a Jain Bania family. He was the youngest and seventh son of his parents. Due to political instability in Burma, he along with his family moved to Rajkot in the year 1960. Vijay Rupani holds the nationality of India. He belongs to the Bania caste and his religion is Jain. The zodiac sign of Vijay Rupani is Leo. Vijay Rupani is brought up in Gujarat
Vijay Rupani is a married member of the BJP women wing, Anjali. Vijay Rupani and her wife is having a son named Rushabh. Rishabh is an engineering graduate. The couple is also having a daughter named Radhika who is married and living a happily married life. Vijay Rupani has lost his youngest son named Pujit in an accident and for his name, they have started Pujit Rupani Memorial Trust for charity.
Relationship & more
The main source of income of Vijay Rupani came from Political career and Stock Broking. From our resources, we have to find out that he is having a net worth of 8.26 crores. It includes deficits of 9.09 crore and liabilities of 83.01 lacs. He along with his family leading a very sober and prosperous life.
Vijay Rupani has also partnered with a trading firm founded by his father, called rasiklal and sons. Vijay Rupani has worked as a stockbroker also.
Vijay Rupani has started his career by joining Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) when he was in the final year of his graduation. We have had also joined Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh and Jan Sangh in the year 1971. Since Bhartiya Janata Party was established he is associated with this political party.
During the emergency in 1976, he was imprisoned for 11 months and was sent to Bhavnagar and Bhuj. During the time of 1978 to 1981, he was a pracharak of RSS. In the year 1987, he was elected as a corporation of Rajkot Municipal Corporation. He was also served as the mayor of. In the year 1998, he became Gujarat Unit general secretary of BJP. In the year 2006, he was appointed as the chairman of Gujarat Tourism. From the year 2006 to 2012 he was all the members of the Rajya Sabha.
He was appointed as the MLA from Rajkot west when the speaker of Gujarat Legislative Assembly when Raju Bhai Vala has resigned from his post. On 19 October 2014, he has won the bypoll by a large margin. In 2014 he was also appointed as minister in the first cabinet expansion of the Chief Minister anandiben Patel. He has been appointed as the cabinet minister of water supply, transport, labour and employment. Vijay Rupani replaced R.C. fields and became the state BJP President. He was appointed from February 2016 to August 2016.
As the chief minister
He was appointed as the chief minister of Gujarat on 7th August 2016 by succeeding anandiben Patel. In the year 2017, he won the Gujarat legislative assembly election and get Rajkot West constituency by defeating Indranil rajyaguru a candidate from Indian National Congress.
In December 2017 he was also elected as the leader of the Legislature Party. He also Continued as the chief minister of Gujarat and Nitin Patel is appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister.
Some unknown facts about
- The hobbies of Vijay Rupani include travelling and reading.
- The favourite political leader of Vijay Rupani is Prime Minister of India Sri Narendra Modi.
- He has spent approximately 11 months at the jail of Bhavnagar and Bhuj in the year 1976 during the time of emergency.
- He was the chairman of the manifesto committee during the regime of keshubhai Patel.
- When Shri Narendra Modi served as the chief minister of Gujarat, Vijay Rupani was appointed as the chairman of the Finance board in Gujarat and also as a general secretary of the BJP Gujarat unit.
- When Anandiben Patel was the chief minister he was appointed as the Cabinet meeting the water supply, transport, employment and labour.
- Since 2016 he is serving as the chief minister of Gujarat state.
- After the demise of his youngest son, Vijay Rupani has started the Pujit Rupani Memorial Trust in memory of his youngest son Pujit who has lost his life in an accident.
- He has also been appointed as the mayor of Rajkot after serving as a corporation there. Subsequently, he has also been appointed as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
- On 19th February 2016, Vijay Rupani has become the president of the BJP of Gujarat regime and he has been in this post until August 2016.
- When he has been appointed to the cabinet of the Gujarat government in the year 2016, Vijay Rupani was the only Cabinet Minister who was sent to jail during the time of emergency.
Since 2016 he has been serving as the chief minister of Gujarat state and his ministry is liked by the citizens of Gujarat as well.