Pooja Bhatt Profile, Bio, Height, Affair, Family, Wiki & Net Worth
About Pooja Bhatt
Pooja Bhatt (born 24 February 1972) is an Indian film director, actress, voice-over artist, model, and filmmaker. The recipient of several accolades, including two National Film Award.
Born into the Bhatt family, she is the daughter of Indian filmmaker, Mahesh Bhatt. Bhatt played her first leading role in Mahesh Bhatt’s television film Daddy in 1989. For the film, Pooja Bhatt won the Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year for Best Female Debut.
|Birth Name||Pooja Bhatt|
|Age||(as in 2022) 50 Years|
|Debut||TV- Daddy (1989)
Film- Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Pisces|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Date of Birth||24 February 1972 wikipedia|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 159 cm
in meters- 1.59 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 2½”
|Weight (Approx.)||in Kilograms- 68 kg
in Pounds- 150 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||Gujarati, English, Scottish, Armenian, and Burmese Kashmiri|
|S*xual Orientation||Not Known|
|Dress Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||Not Known|
|Mother’s Name||Kiran Bhatt (Birth name- Loraine Bright)|
|Father’s Name||Mahesh Bhatt (Film Director)|
|Brother||Rahul Bhatt (Fitness Trainer)|
|Sister||Alia Bhatt (Bollywood Actress, half-sister), Shaheen Bhatt (Half-Sister), both daughters of Soni Razdan.|
|Husband/Spouse||Manish Makhija (2003–2014) (separated)|
|Marriage Date||Not Known|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Actress, producer, director|
|Brands Endorsed||Not Known|
|Career Manager||Not Known|
|1991||Filmfare Award for Lux New Face of the Year Daddy New Face Of The Year||Won|
|1997||National Film Award for Best Film on Other Social Issues Tamanna Best Film On Other Social Issues||Won|
|1999||Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film on National Integration Zakhm Best Feature Film On National Integration||Won|
|2004||Zee Cine Awards Paap Best Debuting Director||Nominated|
Relationship & more
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Ranvir Shorey (VJ, Bollywood Actor and host)
Bobby Deol (Bollywood Actor)
Fardeen Khan (Bollywood Actor)
Munish Makheeja (Indian VJ and restaurateur)
|Favourite Actress||Not Known|
|Favourite Actors||Not Known|
|Favourite Colors||Not Known|
|Favourite Sport||Not Known|
|Controversies||Mahesh Bhatt became the talk of the town and was slammed by fans after the filmmaker shot for a magazine cover which showed him and his daughter Pooja kissing each other on the lips. However, the quote which further fuelled the fire was: “If Pooja wasn’t my daughter, I’d love to marry her.”|
Pooja is an Indian Movie Actress who has a net worth of $950 thousand at the age of 47. Pooja Bhatt’s income source is mostly from being a successful Movie Actress. She is from Mumbai, India. Daughter of acclaimed Bollywood director Mahesh Bhatt and star of several popular Bollywood films. She also forged a successful career as a producer, director, and production designer. On-Net Worth Stats, Pooja Bhatt is a member of movie actresses and popular celebrities.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)||$950 thousand|
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)||Under Review|
|Annual Salary||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress, producer, director|
- Bhatt made her acting debut at age 17, in 1989 with Daddy, a TV film directed by her father Mahesh Bhatt. In the film, she portrayed a soul-searching teenage girl in an estranged relationship with her alcoholic father, played by actor Anupam Kher.
- Her biggest solo hit and her big-screen debut came with the musical hit Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin (1991), which was a remake of the Oscar-winning Hollywood classic It Happened One Night. Pooja Bhatt appeared in many bold shoots like Stardust.
- Her most well-known films in the 1990s included Sadak opposite Sanjay Dutt (1991), Junoon, Jaanam and Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee opposite , Sir (1993) and Guneghar (1995) opposite Atul Agnihotri, Tadipaar (1993) and Naaraaz (1994) opposite Mithun Chakraborty, Hum Dono opposite Rishi Kapoor, Angrakshak opposite Sunny Deol (1995), Chaahat opposite Shah Rukh Khan (1996), Tamanna (1997), the super-hit and multi-starrer Border (1997) and Zakhm (1998), opposite Ajay Devgan. Bhatt has also acted in some popular hit regional Indian films.
- Pooja is set to return to acting after almost two decades in Sadak 2, a sequel to the hit 1991 film. The film will see her and Sanjay Dutt reprising their roles from the original and her sister and Aditya Roy Kapur joining the cast. Her father will be returning to directing with this film after 20 years and it is set for release in 2020.
|1991||Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin Pooja Dharamchand
|1992||Prem Deewane Radha
Saatwan Aasman Pooja Malhotra
Junoon Dr. Nita V. Chauhan
|1993||Phir Teri Kahani Yaad Aayee Pooja
Chor Aur Chaand Reema D. Seth
Pehla Nasha Monica
Tadipaar Mohini Devi/Namkeen
|1994||Kranti Kshetra Pooja
Kalloori Vaasal Pooja
|1995||Gunehgar Pooja Thakur
Hum Dono Priyanka Surendra Gupta
Angrakshak Priyanka Choudhary/Priya
|1997||Tamanna Tamanna Ali Sayed
|1998||Yeh Aashiqui Meri Anju
Kabhi Na Kabhi Tina
Zakhm Mrs. Desai
|2000||Yeh Pyar Hi To Hai
Sanam Teri Kasam Seema Khanna
|2001||Everybody Says I’m Fine! Tanya|
|2020||Sadak 2 TBA|
As A Crew Member
|2002||Sur: The Melody of Life|
Some unknown facts about
- Does Pooja smoke?: No
- Does Pooja drink alcohol?: No (Was an alcohol addict earlier; however, gave it up after undergoing rehab)
- She is the cousin of Bollywood actor Emraan Hashmi and step-daughter of the Bollywood actress and film director Soni Razdan.
- Her big-screen debut film Dil Hai Ke Maanta Nahin was a remake of the Hollywood movie, It Happened One Night.
- Pooja Bhatt won a National Film Award for the Best Film on Other Social Issues, for her movie Tamanna.
- Pooja Bhatt also won the Nargis Dutt Award, a special category of National Film Awards, for the movie Zakhm.
- If not an actress, she would have been an astronaut.
- Her movie Holiday was confused with the Akshay Kumar starrer “Holiday – A soldier is never off duty”. The
- She is close friends with Sharad Kapoor and likes to hang out with her gang of lads.
- Pooja Bhatt prefers to use her real name for the different characters she plays in the movies.
- Her relationship with her fiance Ranvir Shorey was abusive and she also stated that he beat her down too.
- Other than her acting, producing and directing on the big screen, she appeared in a documentary called Sunset Bollywood (2005), in which she talks about the Bollywood star.
- Pooja Bhatt did a nude photoshoot with just bronze paint on her body.
- Pooja was offered the role of the lead actress in the famous movie “Aashiqui” but she refused the role because her then-boyfriend did not agree to it. She was in love with him since she was 12 and started dating him at 16. At 17, when she had done only two hit movies, her boyfriend asked her to quit acting.
- Pooja Bhatt would like to make a documentary on her father’s life.
- Her uncles late Balwant Bhatt and late Nanabhai Bhatt were famous Bollywood directors.