About Zendaya Coleman
Zendaya Coleman is an actress, singer, and dancer who has combined ethnicity. Zendaya Coleman is an American actress and singer, a dancer, and a fashion designer too, who rose to fame after she portrayed the role of Rocky Blue on the Disney Channel sitcom Shake It Up (2010–2013). Zendaya started as a fashion model and a back-up performer and went on to become a role model for most of the teens of the U.S. With her dynamic character and bold appearance, she became the ideal of many directors from both – the movie and the music industry.
In 2013 Zendaya met the club of young authors when she composed the book ‘Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence.’ While turning up she performed in several stage productions and supported her mother to seat patrons and sold raffle tickets to benefit the theater. At the same time, she also instructed at the theater’s student conservatory program. She has 33.4 million followers on Instagram, 7 million followers on Twitter, and over 7K followers on Vine
|Zendaya Maree Stoermer Coleman
|(as in 2022) 26 Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Oakland, California, USA
|Date of Birth
|01 September 1996
|Dancing, singing, and clothes designing
|in centimeters- 178 cm
in meters- 1.78 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
|in kilograms- 59 kg
in pounds- 130 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
|Claire Stoermer (Worked as house manager at California Shakespeare Theater)
|Kazembe Ajamu Coleman
|• Austin Stoermer Coleman
• Julien Stoermer Coleman
|• Katianna Stoermer Coleman
• AnnaBella Stoermer Coleman
• Kaylee Stoermer Coleman
|Oakland School For the Arts
|Oak Park High School, California
|Singer, actress, dancer
|• iCarly toys commercial
• Sears TV commercial
• Advertised for Mervyns, Macy’s and Old Navy
• Madonna‘s clothing line Material Girl, CoverGirl, and Chi Hair Care
|Her father, Kazembe Ajamu Coleman is her manager.
Relationship & more
|• Adam Irigoyen (2011)
• Leo Howard (2013
• Trevor Jackson (2013)
• Spencer Boldman (2014)
• Odell Beckham Jr. (2016)
• Tom Holland (2016-2018
• Jacob Elordi (2019-Present)
|Favorite TV Show
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
|So B. It (By Sarah Weeks in 2004)
Born on September 1, 1996, in Oakland, California, Zendaya came from a theatrical environment. As the daughter of a stage manager, she spent much of her youth hanging around the California Shakespeare Theater. She also instructed in its youth program and emerged in some of its productions.
During her days as a student at the Oakland School for the Arts, Zendaya arrived a number of characters in local theatrical productions. She also smoothed her craft at the American Conservatory Theater and the Cal Shakes Conservatory. Zendaya had a curiosity in dance as well. She was a member of the Future Shock Oakland dance group for several years and studied hula dancing at the Academy of Hawaiian Arts.
In extension to her theatrical work, Zendaya had some early progress as a model, working for companies such as Macy’s and Old Navy. For a Sears commercial, Zendaya worked as a backup dancer for Selena Gomez. She finally chose to use only her first name professionally. “Zendaya” means “to give thanks” in the language of the Shona people of Zimbabwe.
Zendaya Coleman has a net worth of $15 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
|Singer, actress, dancer
In 2017 Zendaya paid $1.4 million for a home in Northridge, California. In March 2020, Zendaya paid $4 million for a 5,000 square-foot home sitting on 4-acres in Encino, California. She proceeds to own the Northridge home as of this writing.
Movies And TV Shows
- In 2010 Zendaya saw her career take off with the introduction of Shake It Up on the Disney Channel. The then-14-year-old actress described the show to McClatchy-Tribune Business News as “a friend comedy about two best friends who dream of growing professional dancers and eventually get their opportunity when they get to audition for their favorite show.”
- Zendaya and her co-star, Bella Thorne, became twin idols to their young fans. The songs they played on the show, including “Something to Dance For,” were hit downloads with their target audience, and their two personalities became so popular that they even sparked their own fashion line.
- Outside of her successful show, Zendaya gave her voice to the animated television movie Pixie Hollow Games (2011).
- She also made guest impressions on such series as A.N.T. Farm and Good Luck Charlie and acted with Thorne in the 2012 television movie Frenemies.
- In 2013 Zendaya performed the switch from the imaginary dance show to the popular televised contest Dancing with the Stars. She was paired with professional dancer Val Chmerkovskiy on the show and struggled against such celebrities as Andy Dick, Kellie Pickler, and Aly Raisman.
- Her previous knowledge, however, didn’t explain to be much help. As she said Good Morning America, “I’m really used to hip hop dancing, So I kind of has to forget what I know and restart all over again.”
- After Dancing With the Stars, Zendaya starred in the Disney comedy K.C. Undercover for three seasons before making a splash on the big screen in 2017 with Spider-Man: Homecoming and The Greatest Showman, performing the character of Anne Wheeler alongside Hugh Jackman in the latter.
- In 2018 Zendaya gave her voice to two animation films: Duck Duck Goose and Smallfoot. She then reprised her character as Michelle “M.J.” Jones in Spider-Man: Far From Home in 2019.
The Greatest Showman
|Duck Duck Goose
|Spider-Man: Far from Home
|Yet To Be Released
|Malcolm & Marie
TV Shows & Serials List
|Shake It Up
|Good Luck Charlie
Pixie Hollow Games
|Dancing with the Stars
The Story of Zendaya
The Making of SWAY
SWAY: A Dance Trilogy
|Walk the Prank
Lip Sync Battle
Great success with ‘Euphoria’
Distancing herself from her Disney image, Zendaya contracted on for the starring character of Rue in the HBO series Euphoria. Based on the turbulent teenage years of creator Sam Levinson, the show produced buzz ahead of its June 2019 introduction for its graphic depictions of teen drug use and s*xuality.
Talking to The New York Times about the show’s interesting content, Zendaya said, “I don’t find it that surprising, to be fair. People will. I kind of admitted the fact that it would be polarizing. Whether people like it or not, it’s true. I’m telling somebody’s story. Just because it’s not occurring to you doesn’t mean it’s not appearing all the time, every day.”
In November 2019 the actress was acknowledged as Best Drama TV Star, for Euphoria, and Best Female Movie Star, for Spider-Man: Far From Home, at the People’s Choice Awards.
In 2015 the ‘Shake It Up’ star came down massively on cyberbullies for targeting her parents. A post that called Zendaya’s parents ugly grasped a lot of concentration and made her very shocked. The actress became the center of a racial controversy after she became the first black actress to be chosen for the character of Mary Jane Watson in the movie ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming.’
Many did not accept her for the character because of her biracial roots. The actor faced racial bias in other instances too. She pretended that a Vons employee didn’t help her because of her skin color. The girl suffered racist comments about her hairstyle when she attended the 2015 Academy Awards in dreadlocks.
Some unknown facts about
- Zendaya spells to give thanks in Shona, which is a Bantu language native to the Shona people of Zimbabwe.
- She has operated as a fashion model before. That is how she gave a boot inauguration to her career.
- On August 6, 2013, Zendaya started her first book entitled Between U and Me: How to Rock Your Tween Years with Style and Confidence.
- She is a good dancer and worked as a member for three years in the dance group Future Shock Oakland.
- Zendaya was selected as the brand ambassador of Convoy of Hope in 2012. She had mostly dedicated her birthdays to increase funds for charity work. Her 18th birthday was attached to raising funds to feed hungry children in Haiti, Tanzania, and the Philippines through feedONE and the 20th birthday to support Convoy’s Women’s Empowerment Initiative.
- She had a dog of Giant Schnauzer breed, named “Midnight” which died in late 2015. Zendaya then took a dog called “Noon”.
- She approved a deal with Hollywood Records in 2012.
- She had played dances like Hula and hip hop when she was with the dance group Future Shock Oakland.
- She closed second in the season 16 of reality TV show Dancing with the Stars in 2013.
- In February 2015, at the 87th Academy Award, Giuliana Rancic passed a joke at Zendaya saying her hair breathed that of “patchouli oil” and “weed”. Zendaya took to Instagram and appropriately answered her, saying – most successful people have “locs,” a hairstyle that has nothing to do with drugs.
- Mattel, an American toy production company, valued Zendaya with her own Barbie, copying the actress’ Oscars’ look.
- In August 2015, Zendaya started her shoe collection, Daya, under her childhood nickname. In November 2016, she launched her own clothing line named, Daya by Zendaya.
- Zendaya was called one of the best-dressed women by fashion website Net-a-Porter in 2018.
- October 2018 saw Tommy Hilfiger signing Zendaya as the brand’s new global women’s ambassador. She appeared in the mainline campaigns and designed Tommy x Zendaya capsule collections.
- Zendaya owes her confidence to HBO series Euphoria (2019). She stated that it allowed her to push her limits as an actor and show her creativity.