About Sergio Agüero
The Argentinean footballer Sergio Agüero plays for the Argentine national team and the ‘Premier League’ club ‘Manchester City.’ He has been a football fan since his childhood in Buenos Aires. He was the youngest Argentine to compete in the prestigious ‘Argentine Primera División’ at age 15. Impressed by his outstanding performance, the ‘La Liga’ club ‘Atlético Madrid’ acquired him in 2006.
In the 234 games he has played for ‘Atlético,’ he has scored 101 goals. Furthermore, he played an important role in helping his team win the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Super Cup in 2010. ‘Manchester City’ offered him a contract in 2011, which he gladly accepted. As a result, he became the highest-scoring non-European player in the league a short time later. Sergio has represented his nation in two FIFA World Cups and one Copa América. In November 2017, he became the all-time top scorer for ‘Manchester City’.
||Sergio Leonel “Kun” Agüero
||34 (as in 2022) Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Quilmes,Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Date of Birth
||2 June 1988
• Held Spanish Nationality in 2010
||• Buenos Aires, Argentina
• Madrid, Spain
||Listening to Cumbia Music
||Leonel del Castillo
||• Gastón del Castillo
• Mauritius Del Castillo Agüero
||• Yesica Del Castillo Agüero
• Daiana Del Castillo Agüero
• Gabriela Del Castillo Agüero
• Maira Del Castillo Agüero
||Karina Tejeda (2014)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
||Gianinna Maradona (Divorced in 2012)
||Argentine Professional Footballer
||•Puma – In 2011, Sergio Agüero signed a lucrative deal with Puma, becoming the face of the company going ahead. His deal was reported to be around US$6.2 million, which was basic contract, with performance-based bonuses for topping Premier League and Champions League goalscoring charts and scoring for his national side. In early 2019, Manchester City, Agüero’s then club, signed a long-term deal with Puma, reportedly worth US$860 million for a period of 10 years.
•PepsiCo – In 2017, Pepsi signed Sergio Agüero to promote the UEFA Champions League. At the time, when Pepsi were in the second year of a three-year sponsorship deal with the Champions League, they signed up some of the most well-known and marketable faces alongside the Argentinian, such as Alexis Sánchez and Vincent Kompany.
•Gillette – Along with multiple other famous faces, Agüero tied up with Gillette for their international football campaign “Inner Steel” during 2014. Starring Lionel Messi, Pelé, Joe Hart, Alexis Sánchez, Thomas Müllerand Javier Hernández amongst others, the male grooming brand showcased the passion and drive each player had for their country. Agüero tied up with Gillette again the next year with a social media challenge in which he replied to his fans on Twitter.
||KRU Sports – Sergio Agüero founded this Argentinian esports organisation with the goal of bringing together the new generation of esports and digital media along with the traditional professional sports. An avid gamer himself, Agüero is the face of this company and also regularly streams on Twitch. KRU already have sponsors such as Twitch, AMD and Aorus.
||In Argentine Primera División for Independiente at the age of 15 years 35 days
||• Argentine national team
• Manchester City
|Records (main ones)
||• He became the youngest footballer on 5 July 2003 to debut in Argentine Primera División at the age of 15 years 35 days.
• Agüero scored 6 goals in 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup, and won “The Golden Boot” of the tournament. He won even “The Golden Ball” for best player of the tournament.
• In 2010-11 season playing for Atlético Madrid, he scored his first career hat-trick against Mallorca.
• Playing for Premier League Club Manchester City He scored 105 goals in 152 appearence, he had highest goal per minute ratio in the history of Premier League competition since its foundation in 1992, averaging one goal every 109 minute.
• He is a joint record holder as most goal scorer in a single Premier League match even fastest to do so, five goals in 23 minutes 34 seconds of match time.
• He is the highest South-American goal scorer in the history of Premier League.
• In 2015 Copa America in San Juan against Bolivia, he scored his first International hat-trick in 5-0 victory.
|Career Turning Point
||When he became the top scorer and tournament’s best player in 2007 FIFA U-20 World Cup.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
||in centimeters- 173cm
in meters- 1.73 m
in Feet Inches- 5’ 8”
||in Kilograms- 77 kg
in Pounds- 170 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
||8.5 US (40 EU)
|Favourite Playing Position
||Law Abiding Citizen
||In his Atlético career, he scored a winning goal against Recreativo de Huelva on 14 October 2006 by using hands,only his second goal for the club.
Sergio Agüero was born on June 2, 1988, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. His parents had a second child. Adriana’s mother, Leonel, was a homemaker, and his father, Leonel, drove a taxi. Sergio grew up in a large family with six siblings.
In addition to being teenagers at the time of his conception, both parent’s were financially weak. During his mother’s pregnancy, this caused a great deal of difficulty. His family struggled to survive after he was born, and nothing changed much after that. After Sergio was 2 years old, they moved to Florencio Varela. .
Sergio’s father was a football player when he was young, but did not pursue a football career. Sergio, however, retained Sergio’s passion for the game. A financial hardship prevented Leonel from enrolling his son in a football academy, so he took on training his son himself.
Thanks to Argentia’s strong infrastructure for football, the country also had an excellent youth system called “Independente,” which promoted fresh talent. In 2003, Sergio was finally allowed to debut in a match against Club Atlético after years of playing in their junior division.
In 2008, Sergio Agüero wed the granddaughter of the legendary Argentine footballer, Diego Maradona, Gianinna Maradona. A son was born to the couple in 2009. The couple’s marriage, however, ended in divorce in 2013. Argentine singer Karina Tejeda is rumored to be in a romantic relationship with him
Sergio Agüero Net Worth
Sergio Aguero has a net worth of $80 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
||Argentine Professional Footballer
||• FERRARI GTC4 LUSSO
• LAMBORGHINI AVENTADOR
• LUMMA CLR SV RANGE ROVER
• a customized NISSAN GT-R
The youngest player in the league subsequently made the first team, and he remained that way for his first three seasons. The 23 million euro deal that he signed with Atletico Madrid in 2006 led to him joining the team the following year. Many fans held hatred for him when he indicated he wished to transfer after playing very successfully in 2011.
As a reaction to his announcement that he was moving to Manchester City for a fee of 38 million GBP (roughly $60 million), fans showed up at his final matches with signs reading, “Aguero, We Hope You Die.”. Since then, he has played successfully for Manchester City, who signed him through 2017. The sum of Sergio Aguero’s salary and endorsements was $24 million between June 2017 and June 2018.
- He became the youngest player to make his division debut at the age of just over 15 years old. Formerly, football legend Diego Maradona held this record. So Sergio also became the youngest Argentine to play in the Copa Libertadores by 2004.
- Ultimately, he appeared in the 2005 ‘FIFA Under-20 World Cup’ that was won by Argentina due to his performance in the tournament.
- He scored 18 goals in the 36 games that he played in the 2005–2006 season, improving on his performance in 2004. Various European clubs are trying to acquire Sergio, according to Sergio.
- He announced that he would be leaving the local Argentine club after his final season. The transfer of Sergio to Atlético Madrid was officially completed in May, and the club seems to have been the leading contender in acquiring him.
- As of May 2006, Atlético Madrid had acquired Sergio. Sergio, however, encountered controversy in October 2006 after he scored a goal with his hand. Sergio’s first season at ‘Atlético Madrid’ was a mixed bag, as he managed to score seven goals in all games that he played for the club.
- During the 2007–2009 season of National League, he scored 19 goals, thus becoming the third-highest goalscorer of the team. The match against Barcelona in March 2008 won him the award for ‘Man of the Match. As a result of his performances against stronger teams, ‘Atlético Madrid’ finished fourth in the final tally. It was their first qualification for the “UEFA Champions League” in ten years.
- The 2008-2009 season was another successful season for Sergio, who by the end of the season was among the top ten contenders for the ‘Pichichi Trophy’ as well as leading his team to qualification for the ‘Champions League.’
- In the next season, he helped his team in reaching the finals of the ‘UEFA Europa League’ and the ‘Copa del Rey.’
- After winning the UEFA Super Cup in 2010, Atlético Madrid rewarded their star player by extending his contract by 4 more years and also making him vice-captain. Such gestures also complemented the club’s outstanding performances across various competitions.
- The 2010–2011 season was immensely fruitful for ‘Atlético Madrid,’ as Sergio was in his career-best form. He scored 20 league goals, and between March and May 2011, he scored back-to-back goals in seven consecutive games. In May 2011, Sergio hit his career’s first hat-trick, in a match against ‘Mallorca.’
- Sergio wanted to move on from ‘Atlético Madrid,’ and announced in mid-2011 that he wished to depart. The club’s fans were not too happy with Sergio’s decision, and he was jeered in his final match with the team.
- Sergio was acquired from Atlético Madrid by ‘Premier League’ club Manchester City in July 2011.
- ‘Manchester City’ won their Premier League opener against ‘Swansea City’ on his debut. He played a few games despite injuries during his first season. A goal was scored by Sergio during the League Cup match against Arsenal, which was the only goal of the match.
- He helped his team reach the top 16 of the 2011–2012 UEFA Europa League. He was named the ‘Manchester City Player of the Year’ in May 2012.
- In the aftermath of the 2012–2013 season, it was reported that ‘Real Madrid’ has been courting Sergio. The first time that Manchester City made it to the knockout stage of the Champions League was in November 2013.
- The 2014 Football League Cup was won by Sergio’s team in 2014. In August 2014, he signed another contract with ‘Manchester City,’ ensuring he would remain there until 2019. The Football Supporters’ Federation named him their Player of the Year for December 2014, and the Premier League named him their Player of the Month for November 2014.
- The 2014–2015 season saw him score 26 Premier League goals and win the Platinum Boot award.
- Sergio, whose minutes-to-goal ratio was the best in the Premier League in 2015-16, had another successful campaign. For January 2018, he earned the title of ‘Player of the Month.
- Sergio has played on many international teams for Argentina’s youth teams. His team has competed in the 2010 World Cup and the 2011 Copa America. He was also a member of his team’s squad for the 2014 World Cup, but Argentina lost in the finals. He also participated in the 2015 Copa America, where Argentina lost in the finals again.
Facts About Sergio Agüero
- Does Sergio Agüero smoke?: No
- Does Sergio Agüero drink Alcohol?: Yes
- The Nick Name of Sergio is Kun, which is featured on his shirt, was given by his Grand-Parents from Sergio’s favorite T.V program Kum-Kum.
- In his autobiography “Born to Rise,” he called Leonel Messi a brother.
- Agüero has a tattoo on the inside of his right arm inscribed with Tengwar.
- In the world, Agüero is considered one of the best strikers. Over 200 goals have been scored by him in his career.
- As part of Argentina’s 3-0 win over Brazil in the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Agüero scored two goals.
- He is the youngest player to debut in football at the age of 15 Years 35 days, breaking the record previously held by Diego Maradona.
- He settled down with Giannina Maradona (Diego Maradona’s daughter) in 2009. However, the Couple separated in 2012. They have a son Benjamin.
- As a result of Agüero’s goal, Manchester City won its first league title after 44 years in 2011.
- The cumbia band Los Leales has a song named after him. Sergio was the lead singer for the recording of “El Kun Aguero”: the song was titled “El Kun Aguero”.
- He represented Argentina at two FIFA World Youth Championships, winning two consecutive gold medals. As the team captain, he equalized for the Czech Republic in the 62nd minute of the 2007 final. He also won the Golden Boot award for his six goals in seven matches. In addition to winning Golden Ball, he was also named tournament’s best player.
- The FIFA Young Player of the Year award was presented to him in 2007. Tuttosport, a leading Italian newspaper, gave him the Golden Boy award in the same year.
- He often shares a room with Barcelona forward Lionel Messi while on international duty. He has called Messi his brother in his autobiography, Born to Rise.
- He was granted Spanish citizenship in 2010 while playing for Atlético Madrid.
- He played for a number of amateur teams and his father was also a good goal scorer. Prior to becoming a taxi driver, he was a baker. After Gonzalo recommended Sergio to Independiente, Sergio became a taxi driver so that he could earn more money and drop his son to training sessions regularly.
- He was regularly watched by Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Juventus, and Real Madrid before he moved to Atlético Madrid. They were not able to afford the club’s price.
- Former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson rejected a chance to sign him before he joined Manchester City. The 35 million pound transfer fee was too much for Ferguson.
- Unlike the Argentine legend, he has a short, stocky stature and a very similar playing style to Maradona. Two years after his debut, he scored a sensational goal that resembled Maradona’s. On the left side of his own half, he won the ball and dribbled past four defenders before scoring.
- Prematch rituals include rubbing his hands together while walking down the tunnel. In addition, he prefers to listen to music instead of thinking about the game in order to relax and keep his mind calm.