About Sarah Jessica Parker
Sarah Jessica Parker is a renowned American actress and producer. She recognized for her role as Carrie Bradshaw in the popular TV series ‘S*x and the City’. The show, which broadcasted on HBO for six years, received heavy recognition worldwide and won seven Emmy Awards out of fifty nominations. Parker herself won two Emmys in two disparate categories for her role in the show. She revised her portrayal in the film ‘S*x and the City’ which was a series to the TV series. It was an enormous success commercially. The film was tracked by yet another sequel ‘S*x and the City 2’ which again turned out to be a commercial success.
In her career so far, she has also emerged in certain other films, such as ‘Honeymoon in Vegas,’ ‘Failure to Launch’, ‘Escape from Planet Earth’, and ‘All Roads Lead to Rome’. Parker’s recent works on television consist of her character in the series ‘Divorce’, which has been broadcasting on HBO for two seasons. Other than acting, she has also started multiple brands of her own which include the perfume ‘Lovely’ and a footwear line called SJP Collection.
||Sarah Jessica Parker
||(as in 2022) 57 years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Nelsonville, Ohio, United States
|Date of Birth
||25 March 1965
||New York City
||in centimeters- 160 cm
in meters- 1.60 m
in feet inches- 5’3”
||in kilograms- 56 kg
in pounds- 124 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
||6 (US) or 38 (EU)
||Barbara Parker (née Keck) (Nursery school operator and teacher)
||Stephen Parker (Entrepreneur and journalist)
||• Pippin Parker
• Aaron D. Forste (Half-Brother)
• Timothy Britten Parker
• Andrew Forste (Half-Brother)
||• Allegra Forste (Half-Sister)
• Megan Forste (Half-Sister)
• Rachel Parker
||19 May 1997
||Son- James Wilkie Broderick (born – October 2002)
Daughters (Twins)- Marion Loretta Elwell
Tabitha Hodge (born – June 2009)
||Dwight Morrow High School, Englewood, New Jersey
School of American Ballet, New York City
||School for Creative and Performing Arts in Cincinnati
Hollywood High School, Los Angeles, California
||Actress, model, film producer
||• Garnier’s Nutrisse hair color line
• Priceline.com (2001)
• Lux Shower Gel (2004)
• St. Jude’s Children Hospital (2005)
• Garnier Skin Naturals (2007)
• GAP, Covet” designer fragrance (2007)
• Shopping Cidade Jardim (2008)
• Garnier Ultra-Lift Pro Deep Wrinkle Cream (2009)
• Ramblin’ Root Beer
• Rock The Vote with Robert Downey Jr. (1988)
• SJP NYC fragrance (2010)
Relationship & more
||• Michael J. Fox (1984)
• Robert Downey Jr. (1984-1991)
• Joshua Kadison (1991)
• John Kennedy Jr. (1991)
• Nicolas Cage (1991)
||Roast chicken from Italian restaurant Barbuto
|Favourite Food Indulgences
||Pasta, Bacon, Cheese
||The Way We Were (1973), Melancholia (2011)
||Gradisca (in downtown New York)
||70s band Parliament, Trombone Shorty
|Favourite Song (Lyrics)
||Another Hundred People (By Stephen Sondheim)
|Favourite Pizza Topping
||Sausage, Peppers, Onions
|Favourite Curse Word
Sarah Jessica Parker was born on March 25, 1965, in Nelsonville, Ohio, in the US. Her mother’s name was Barbara Parker and she was a nursery school operator. Her father’s name was Stephen Parker and he worked as a journalist. Her parents divorced when she was very young and she was raised by her mother and stepfather.
Her mother later remarried Paul Forste and had four more children, bringing the total to eight. Now she had 3 full siblings and 4 half-siblings.
Her father was of Eastern European Jewish ancestry, and her mother had German, and some English, roots. She contributed to the family income through her dancing and singing gigs. With support from her family, she eventually won her first Broadway role in ‘The Innocents’.
They then moved to New Jersey, where she studied at the Dwight Morrow High School. Later, she attended the School of American Ballet in New York City, the New York Professional Children’s School, the School for Creative and Performing Arts, and finally the Hollywood High School in Los Angeles.
Attending high-profile affairs with Robert Downey Jr. and John F. Kennedy Jr., Parker married Broderick in 1997. Their son, James Wilke Broderick, named after Matthew’s late father, was born in October 2002. In 2009, the couple received twin daughters, Marion Loretta Elwell and Tabitha Hodge, via surrogate.
Sarah Jessica Parker has a net worth of $150 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Previous Year’s Net Worth 2021 (Approx)
||Actress, model, film producer
Sarah received a pay raise prior to the fourth season in 2001 that also gave her a producer credit. Between acting and producing fees, her salary per episode for seasons 4, 5, and 6 was $3 million. That means she received approximately $138 million over those 46 episodes (before taxes).
She brought in $13 million for the first S*x and the City movie and around $15 million for the second film. In total, Sara received approximately $200 million from the HBO series.
In March 2011, Sarah and Matthew invested $18.995 million in a townhouse in New York City. They continued to spend millions repairing the property. It was listed for sale for $24.99 million in 2012.
Regrettably, it could not find a buyer at that level and ultimately sell for $18.25 million which displayed a multi-million loss after restoration costs. In 2016 Sarah and Matthew invested a whopping $34.5 million on two side–by-side NYC townhouses.
Their new associated mansion has 14,000 square feet of living space, 2,100 square feet of outdoor space, and 50 feet of the street frontal. They also own a West Village townhome which was shopped in 2000 for $3 million and two moderate homes in the Hamptons neighborhood of Amagansett which were purchased in 2006 for a total of $6.6 million.
Movies And TV Shows
- In 1982, Parker became known to TV audiences as the charmy geek in her acting role in the sitcom Square Pegs.
- Shortly after, she received further celebrity with her supporting role in the 1984 hit Footloose.
- The following year, Parker starred alongside a very young Helen Hunt in Girls Just Want to Have Fun. Her success in both films surfaced the way for steady work, both on the big screen and on TV with such shows as Equal Justice, through the rest of the decade.
- In the early 1990s, Parker made the challenging continuation from teen to adult characters, showing alongside Steve Martin in L.A. Story (1991), then earning both critical and cult credibility as Nicolas Cage’s fiancée in Honeymoon in Vegas (1992). She was also characterized as the wife of schlockmeister Ed Wood in Tim Burton’s celebrated 1994 film Ed Wood.
- The mid-1990s saw Parker in a handful of middle-of-the-road supporting roles, including Miami Rhapsody (1995), The First Wives Club, and Mars Attacks! (both released in 1996).
- In 1998, Parker landed the starring role of New York s*x columnist Carrie Bradshaw on the TV series S*x and the City.
- Parker won multiple Golden Globe awards for her work on the show in the early 2000s, earning her both steady employment and devotion from the fashion world. The series was made into an original film by the same name in 2008, and its success led to a sequel in 2010.
- On the small screen, Parker made several guest presences on the hit musical series Glee.
- In 2016, she served as the executive producer and starred in the comedy series Divorce. She received a Golden Globe nomination for her role as Frances Dufresne, an executive recruiter who is going through a divorce from her husband of 17 years, shown by Thomas Haden Church.
- While carving out her career on television and the big screen, Parker occasionally comes back to stage productions, including a mid-1990s renewal of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying that also starred future husband Matthew Broderick.
- More than 20 years later, Parker and Broderick signed on to play three different couples in Neil Simon’s Plaza Suite, though audiences were imposed to wait to see the lovebirds in action after the coronavirus shuttered Broadway productions in early 2020.
||Girls Just Want to Have Fun
||Flight of the Navigator
||Honeymoon in Vegas
If Lucy Fell
The First Wives Club
||‘Til There Was You
||State and Main
||Life Without Dick
||The Family Stone
||Strangers with Candy
Failure to Launch
||Spinning into Butter
S*x and the City
||Did You Hear About the Morgans?
||S*x and the City 2
||I Don’t Know How She Does It
New Year’s Eve
||Escape from Planet Earth
||All Roads Lead to Rome
||Here and Now
TV Shows & Serials List
||The Little Match Girl
||My Body, My Child
||ABC Afterschool Special
||The Room Upstairs
||A Year in the Life
||Dadah Is Death
||Twist of Fate
The Ryan White Story
Life Under Water
||In the Best Interest of the Children
||Saturday Night Live
||The Sunshine Boys
||Space Ghost Coast to Coast
||Stories from My Childhood
||S*x and the City
Fashion Icon & Sarah Jessica Parker Shoes
Thanks to her S*x and the City days, Parker converted herself into a style icon with enormous commercial appeal. In 2003, she became the deputy for Garnier hair products. The following year, she signed a $38 million deal with the Gap and became the Committee of Fashion Designers of America’s “Fashion Icon of the Year.”
In 2005, Parker debuted her first perfume, Lovely. She later included Covet to her fragrance line, which she trades through her company SJP Beauty. Parker also has her own line of shoes, introduced in 2014, called the SJP Collection.
Some unknown facts about
- When Sarah hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2000, she used 14 different outfits during the show.
- Parker is a UNICEF Ambassador.
- Jessica is trained in ballet and singing.
- As a child, Parker has resided in Cincinnati (in Ohio), Dobbs Ferry (in New York), Englewood (in New Jersey), Manhattan.
- Parker has her own perfume brand called “Sarah Jessica Parker ‘Lovely’”
- She has her own clothing brand too called “Bitten”.
- Sarah is an avid reader.
- She prefers to have BlackBerry over the popular iPhone.
- If Sarah had a tattoo, she would have it on the bottom of her foot.