About Neeti Mohan
Neeti Mohan is an Indian singer. She sings mainly in Hindi films but has also done songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, Marathi, Punjabi, and English. Born in Delhi, she was one of the winners of the Channel V’s reality show Popstars, subsequently being chosen for Aasma, with other winners of the show. She rose to fame after recording “Ishq Wala Love” from Student of the Year (2012), ultimately winning the Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent and was nominated for the Best Female Playback Singer for “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012).
Her rendition of six jazz tracks in the soundtrack album of Amit Trivedi’s Bombay Velvet (2015) received a positive response from the music critics. The following year, she received her second Filmfare nomination with the song “Sau Aasmaan” from Baar Baar Dekho (2016). In that year, Mohan appeared as a coach in the 1st season of The Voice India Kids and the second season of The Voice India. Besides her career in music, she has also been involved in various charities and social causes.
||Neeti Mohan Sharma
||(as in 2022) 43 Years
||Bollywood (Actress): Socha Na Tha (2005)
Bollywood (Solo Song): “Ja Ja” (2012)
Bollywood (Singer): “Ishq Wala Love” – Student of the Year (2012)
Telugu (Singer): “Viyyalavaru” – Tadakha (2013)
Bengali (Singer): “Korishna Rangbaazi” – Rangbaaz (2013)
Tamil (Singer): “Thiruda Thiruda” & “Star Jolykkuthendru” – Ner Ethir (2014)
Marathi (Singer): “Dhooan Ha Dhooan” – Hello Nandan (2014)
Gujarati (Singer): “Rom-Com” – Romance Complicated (2016)
Kannada (Singer): “Hello Mister” – Kotigobba 2 (2016)
TV: Yeh Hai Aashiqui – Season 4 (2016)
||Her songs: “Jiya Re” – Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), “Ishq Wala Love” – Student of the Year (2012)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
|Date of Birth
||18 November 1979
||Travelling, Dancing, Long Drives
||in centimeters: 165 cm
in meters: 1.65 m
in feet inches: 5’ 5”
||in kilograms: 55 kg
in pounds: 121 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
||Kusum Mohan (a Homemaker)
||Brij Mohan Sharma (a Government Officer & a Writer)
||Shakti Mohan (Younger, Dancer)
Mukti Mohan (Younger, Dancer)
Kriti Mohan (Younger)
||Nihaar Pandya (Actor, Model)
||15 February 2019
||Birla Balika Vidyapeeth, Pilani
||Miranda House, University of Delhi, New Delhi
||B. A. (Hons.) Philosophy
||Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer
Relationship & more
||Nihaar Pandya (Actor, Model
||Vegetarian (Earlier, she was a Non-Vegetarian)
||Madhuri Dixit, Deepika Padukone
||Aamir Khan, Ranveer Singh, Tom Hanks
||Bollywood- Satte Pe Satta
Hollywood- The Sound of Music, Lord of the Rings
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
||$1 Million – $5 Million
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
||$100,000 – $1 Million
||Singer, Songwriter, Music Composer
- Mohan made her Bollywood debut with Vishal–Shekhar-composed Student of the Year (2012), where she performed the soft-ballad “Ishq Wala Love”, along with Salim Merchant and Shekhar Ravjiani. She was next heard in “Jiya Re” from Jab Tak Hai Jaan which was composed by A. R. Rahman.
- Mohan appreciated that Rahman called her for recording the song since she has shown “a lot of spirits” in the shows she did with him, and the song features a girl played by Aunushka sharma enacting the song “very spunky”.
- Though “Ishq Wala Love” was released earlier, Mohan’s first recorded Hindi song was “Jiya Re”. For her work in both the songs, Mohan won the RD Burman Award for New Music Talent at the Annual Filmfare awards, and was nominated as the Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Jiya Re”.
- Besides, Mohan provided the chorus along with Natalie Di Luccio in Raghav Sachar-composed “Bittoo Sab Ki Lega” from Bittoo Boss, released the same year.
- During the year, she released her first single, titled “Ja Ja”; composed and written by Mohan, assisted by her father.
- The following year, Mohan lent her voice for Ayushmann Khurrana’s Punjabi track, “Saadi Galli Aaja”, co-composed, co-written and co-sung by Khurana.
- Mohan performed the track “Kashmir Main Tu Kanyakumari” for Vishal Shekhar composed Chennai Express, along with Sunidhi Chauhan and Arijit Singh.
- Besides, she worked with Vishal Shekhar for two other projects; Gippi and Gori Tere Pyaar Mein, where she recorded “Dil Kaagzi” for the former and “Naina” for the latter.
- Hence, she did playback for Sonam Kapoor in Raanjhanaa “Nazar Laaye”.
- Besides her career in music, Mohan has also contributed to various charities.
- In October 2014, she performed at the “Hum Hain Umeed E Kashmir” concert in Ballia, in an appeal for donation to support rehabilitation of those who suffered during the Kashmir flood.
- The same month, Mohan took part in the musical concert held in New Delhi for raising funds for the flood-affected people of Assam.
- In June 2016, she performed at Smile Foundation’s charity gala dinner, to support the cause of empowerment of underprivileged children and youth.
- In January 2017, she collaborated with United Nations on a project aimed at empowering women, ending human trafficking, and promoting gender equality. Her single “Udne De” was selected for the United Nations Voluntary Trust Fund Project titled “Music to Inspire-Artists united against Human Trafficking”.
Some unknown facts about
- Does Neeti Mohan smoke?: No
- Does Neeti Mohan drink alcohol?: No
- Neeti was born into a middle-class musically enthusiast family with roots in Jaipur, Rajasthan. She, along with her sisters, had a strict and disciplined upbringing.
- In her childhood, she used to travel to Iskcon Temple in Vrindavan with her family. Watching Lord Krishna’s devotees over there playing mridangam, singing and dancing developed her interest in music.
- Neeti Mohan was a popular singer in her school and had won many prizes in school and inter-school singing competitions.
- Neeti Mohan has always been fond of her mother’s jewelry, and when she passed her 10th exams, her mother gifted her a gold pendant with her name written on it.
- In her college, Neeti Mohan used to actively participate in music, dance, dramatics, and National Cadet Corps (NCC).
- After watching the American film ‘The Sound of Music’ (1965), and repeatedly hearing A. R. Rahman‘s music in Roja (1992) and Bombay (1995), she decided to pursue a career in music. Moreover, she credits her college for shaping her career as an artist.
- Neeti Mohan received the training in singing from Gandharva Mahavidyalaya, New Delhi.
- Neeti Mohan learned Hindustani classical for a decade.
- The year 2003 proved to be a turning point in her life; as she became the co-winner of ‘Channel V Popstars Season 2’ contest, which later formed a band named, Aasma.
- After joining the ‘Aasma’ band, she moved from Delhi to Mumbai and began her professional music career.
- Her father encouraged and helped her make her first single “Ja Ja,” which was released in 2012.
- The same year, she made a sensational singing debut in Bollywood; as her first two songs “Jiya Re” – Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012) and “Ishq Wala Love” – Student of the Year (2012), earned her numerous awards and accolades.
- Neeti Mohan never leaves her house without a recording bag.
- Neeti Mohan is an avid dog lover and has a beagle named Frodo. Moreover, she named him after her favourite Hobbit from the film, Lord of the Rings (2001).
- Neeti Mohan is eco-friendly and is very particular about cleanliness. Moreover, she doesn’t use plastic bottles and has a dustbin in her car.
- Neeti Mohan considers the song “Dhadaam Dhadaam” from the film ‘Bombay Velvet’ (2015); as the most difficult song of her carer.