Melissa McCarthy Bio, Weight, Husband, Kids, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
About Melissa McCarthy
Melissa McCarthy is a renowned American actress, who became a household name as one of the nominal characters in the biggest successful sitcom ‘Mike and Molly’. A comedian and a fashion designer, McCarthy reached fame following her performance in ‘Bridesmaids’, a romantic comedy that received her Academy Award and BAFTA nominations. McCarthy cut her teeth in Hollywood in the 1990s when she began showing in recurring roles in a slew of popular television sitcoms. One of her more remarkable roles was Sookie in the TV series ‘Gilmore Girls.
After displaying minor roles in films, McCarthy subsequently graduated to important substantial characters in films such as ‘Nines’, co-starring Ryan Reynolds. Known for the energy and zest she gives off in her on-screen roles, McCarthy went on to play a series of critically applauded roles in films such as ‘Identity Thief’ and ‘Tammy’. She was commemorated with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame and was listed by Forbes as one of the highest-paid actresses in American film. While she has derived laurels by the dozens for her acting prowess, McCarthy is also a fashion designer with an edge of her own
|Birth Name||Melissa Ann McCarthy|
|Age||(as in 2022) 52 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Virgo|
|Birth Place||Plainfield, Illinois, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||26 August 1970 wikipedia|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 157 cm
in meters- 1.57 m
in feet inches- 5’2”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 94 kg
in pounds- 207 lbs
|Breast Size||43 Inches|
|Hips Size||45 Inches|
|Waist Size||38 Inches|
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Dress Size||18 (US)|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Mother’s Name||Sandra McCarthy|
|Father’s Name||Michael McCarthy|
|Other Relatives||Jenny McCarthy (Cousin) (Actress, model)
Joanne McCarthy (Cousin) (Former professional basketball player)
Lynette McCarthy (Cousin)
Amy McCarthy (Cousin)
|Marriage Date||8 October 2005|
|Children||Vivian (born – May 5, 2007)
Georgette (born – March 22, 2010)
|College/University||St. Francis Academy (now Joliet Catholic Academy) in Joliet, Illinois|
|Profession||Actress, comedian, writer, film producer|
|Brands Endorsed||She appeared in the Old Navy commercial in November 2013.
She has also appeared in television commercial for Washington Mutual in 2005.
|Career Manager||Not Known|
Relationship & more
|Favourite Snacks||Freshly Pressed Juice|
Melissa McCarthy was born on August 26, 1970, to Michael and Sandra McCarthy, in Plainfield, Illinois. Her father has Irish roots, while her mother has a mixed ancestry of English and German. She was raised on a farm with a strict Catholic upbringing. She is related to the actress Jenny McCarthy and the sports player Joanne McCarthy.
She pursued her initial education from St. Francis Academy in Joliet Illinois. Her initial interest in fashion led her to study Textiles at Southern Illinois University. She later moved to New York City to attend the Fashion Institute of Technology. In her early days in NYC, she worked as a customer for a dance company before entering the stand-up comedy circuit. She was also a part of The Groundlings, a comedy troupe that is based in Los Angeles, California.
McCarthy married longtime boyfriend Ben Falcone on October 8, 2005. They had their first daughter, Vivian, on May 5, 2007. (McCarthy’s pregnancy was written into the last season of Gilmore Girls.) Their second daughter, Georgette, was born on March 22, 2010. McCarthy returned to work four months after giving birth to Georgette to begin filming the first season of Mike & Molly. McCarthy and her family live in Los Angeles.
Melissa McCarthy has a net worth of $80 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$80 million|
|Previous Year’s Net Worth (2021)||Not Known|
|Annual Salary||Not Known|
|Income Source||Actress, comedian, writer, film producer|
Melissa McCarthy grew up in a poor family who struggled to pay their bills. Melissa used this as motivation to work hard and never give up on her dreams. Her belief and determination lifted her out of poverty to become one of the highest-paid actresses in Hollywood, with a net worth of $80,000,000.
Additionally, McCarthy was named 100 Most Influential People in the World by Time Magazine in 2016. Forbes Magazine ranked her third highest-paid actress in the world in 2015 and 9th in 2018. When “Mike & Molly” was airing, Melissa routinely earned $15+ million between her various endeavors. In 2015 alone, Melissa earned over $33 million thanks to appearances in movies like Ghostbusters.
Between July 2016 and July 2017, Melissa earned $18 million. The following year she made $12 million (the first year “Mike & Molly” was no longer airing).
Melissa is somewhat of a real estate mogul. Here’s a brief rundown of some of her properties:
In March 2020 Melissa and her husband paid $2.4 million for a newly constructed home in LA’s suburb of Valley Village. Not too far from this home, they already own a much larger house in an area called Toluca Lake. They bought their first Toluca Lake home in 2009 for $780,000.
In Toluca Lake, they also own a custom-built home on a property they purchased in 2012 for $3.5 million. Ben and Melissa previously owned a home in Los Feliz, California which they sold in 2009 for $2.5 million.
Melissa McCarthy made the world come to a standstill when she appeared in her new avatar. The Gilmore Girls actress lost a whopping 75 pounds! And she glowed with confidence. Can anything stop this two-time Oscar-nominated Can You Ever Forgive Me, the actress?
We commend her determination to be it achieving new heights in her career or shedding pounds to be healthy. Read on to know about Melissa McCarthy’s inspiring weight loss journey. Swipe up!
After bagging a role in Gilmore Girls, Melissa went on a crazy diet, which she says she will never go back to! She went on a doctor-supervised liquid diet and lost 70 pounds in four months. But she said she felt, “starved and crazy half the time.” The best diets are the ones that don’t make you feel hungry all the time.
Try the fast metabolism diet if that’s what you are looking for. Melissa McCarthy chose to go on a low-carb diet as that seemed to work well for her. Let’s find out what she ate and how the diet helped her shed the pounds.
Movies And TV Shows
- In Los Angeles, McCarthy became a member of the legendary improvisation and sketch comedy troupe The Groundlings. A “Groundling” refers to an individual company member who both writes for and acts in shows while teaching classes at the company’s school.
- McCarthy passed nine years as a main-stage member, making numerous television and film roles along the way, including her screen debut on cousin Jenny McCarthy’s 1997 variety show. From 2000 to 2003, Melissa McCarthy also had supporting roles in films like The Kid, Charlie’s Angels, and Go.
- In 2000 McCarthy landed her breakthrough role on the popular WB show Gilmore Girls, providing a nuanced, fun, and captivating role of the character Sookie St. James, a chef who’s the best friend of Lorelai Gilmore (Lauren Graham). The two women would eventually open their own establishment, Dragonfly Inn, and Sookie herself took the initiative and entered into romance/family life with produce supplier Jackson Belleville (Jackson Douglas).
- McCarthy became an essential part of the esteemed series and Graham enjoyed a close friendship off the set as well, with Graham checking out her co-star’s Groundling works. Gilmore Girls ran until 2007, at which time McCarthy acted alongside Ryan Reynolds in the psychological thriller The Nines.
- From 2007 to 2009, McCarthy portrayed the socially awkward best friend of in the comedy series Samantha Who? Beginning in 2010, McCarthy played the fourth-grade teacher Molly opposite actor Billy Gardell on the CBS hit sitcom Mike & Molly, a role for which she received her first Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series. The show aired its final episode in 2016.
- In 2011 McCarthy starred in the critically acclaimed and commercially successful Bridesmaids alongside fellow former Groundling . In the Paul Feig-directed film, McCarthy stole the show as Megan, the assertive, walks-to-her-own-drum sister of the groom.
- McCarthy and Annie Mumolo, another Groundling alumnus who co-wrote Bridesmaids, soon sold a pitch to Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn for Paramount Pictures about a group of Midwestern women who set out to steal the Stanley Cup. Since Bridesmaids, McCarthy has started roles in other films like This Is 40 (2012), billed as a “sort-of sequel” to the 2007 film Knocked Up, and Identity Thief (2013).
- McCarthy continued to show her strong appeal at the box office, with in the buddy comedy and summer blockbuster The Heat (2013). McCarthy plays a Boston cop who teams up with an FBI agent, played by Bullock.
- The following year saw the release of another comedy, Tammy, which McCarthy co-wrote with her husband — actor, writer, and Bridesmaids co-star Ben Falcone. The neighborhood comedy St. Vincent was released later in 2014, with McCarthy starring as a single mom opposite and Naomi Watts.
- In June 2015, McCarthy took the lead in another Feig project, the espionage spoof Spy, in which she plays a CIA desk agent who gets her chance to become a major player out in the field.
- In 2016 McCarthy starred in The Boss, directed by Falcone and written by Falcone, McCarthy, and Steve Mallory. In the big-screen comedy, McCarthy plays a businesswoman who has to reinvent herself after going to prison for insider business. That same year she starred in the all-female revamp of Ghostbusters, another collaboration with Feig.
- McCarthy also became a popular host of Saturday Night Live, known for her impression of White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer.
- In May 2017, she hosted SNL for the fifth time, joining the show’s “Five-Timers Club,” which includes Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin, Candice Bergen, Tom Hanks, Justin Timberlake, , and Scarlett Johannson, among others.
- In 2018 McCarthy acted in the comedy Life of the Party, which was directed by her husband, and the puppet black comedy thriller The Happytime Murders, co-starring Maya Rudolph, , and Joel McHale.
- However, it was her role in that year’s Can You Ever Forgive Me? that captured the attention of critics. Based on Lee Israel’s 2008 memoir, the film features McCarthy as a struggling writer who hits pay dirt by forging letters from deceased literary greats, leading to Golden Globe and Academy Award nominations.
- In 2019 McCarthy joined Tiffany Haddish an to play a trio of mob wives who take charge of criminal operations in The Kitchen. That year it was also said that McCarthy would take over as host of NBC’s Little Big Shots for its fourth season. Formerly hosted by Steve Harvey, Little Big Shots features children showing off their talents as singers, dancers, painters, and more.
Disney’s The Kid
The Third Wheel
|2003||The Life of David Gale
Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle
|2008||Just Add Water
Pretty Ugly People
|2010||The Back-Up Plan
Life as We Know It
|2012||This Is 40|
The Hangover Part III
|2018||Life of the Party
The Happytime Murders
Can You Ever Forgive Me?
|Still Not Released||The Starling
TV Shows & Serials List
|2004||Curb Your Enthusiasm|
|2010–2016||Mike & Molly|
|2011–2017||Saturday Night Live|
|2012||The Penguins of Madagascar|
|2016||Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life|
|2020||Little Big Shots IMDB|
Some unknown facts about
- For 2012 Oscars, most of the high-level designers turned down Melissa’s offer for making her an Oscar dress.
- In November 2014, it was revealed that she lost a considerable amount of weight from 265 pounds to 220 pounds.
- McCarthy is close friends with a co-star from Samantha Who? TV series.
- Melissa grew up on a farm in a big Irish family.
- McCarthy is an alumnus of The Groundlings, Los Angeles based improvisational and sketch comedy troupe.
- She was a member there for about 10 years.
- She likes to play tennis.
- McCarthy was the screenwriter, executive producer, and lead actor (played the title role) in the 2014 film Tammy.