Some Lesser Known Facts About Koyal Rana
- Koyal Rana has been in limelight since her teenage days. At the age of 15, she represented India in MTV Teen Diva and won the title of Miss Teen India 2008. During her childhood days, she could not speak fluent English and, she used to feel shy while communicating with others.
Koyal Rana titled Miss Teen India 2008
- In 2009, she won the title of Miss Universe Teen where she achieved Miss Beautiful Skin, Miss Photogenic and Miss Viewer’s Choice.
Koyal Rana as Miss Universe India 2009
- When Koyal turned 19 in 2012, she became the co-founder of her NGO Moksha Foundation. . The foundation works for hygiene and sanitization. Koyal has been an active participant in promoting the activities of the NGO. She had tried different sanitisation methods in various schools to promote the agenda and check the children’s response towards the techniques.
Koyal Rana enjoying with kids of NGO
- She was studying Business Studies and, her interest in finances gave her an opportunity to do a summer training programme in International Cooperate Finance from Harvard University.
- In 2014, after she graduated, she participated in Femina Miss India Delhi 2014 pageant and became the winner of the competition.
- After this, she got direct entry into the Femina Miss India pageant. She had crowned the title of Femina Miss India 2014 on 5 April in Mumbai. She became the 51st Femina Miss India.
- She also won the Miss Beauty with a Purpose Award in the Femina Miss India pageant because she co-founded an NGO and worked towards a cause. The project that she represented was the Swastha Bhavishya project.
Koyal Rana`s Swastha Bhavishya project
- In the same year, she represented India in Miss World 2014 that was held in London. She did not win the title but, she reached the top 10. She also became the highest scorer in the competition. In an interview, she talked about the competition and said,
I have been waiting for this day ever since I won the Miss India title. I am tremendously excited to represent my country at such a respectable platform.”
- Some of the titles won by her in Miss World 2014 were Miss World Asia, Beauty with a Purpose (Winner), World Designer Dress (Winner), Beach Fashion – Top 5, Multimedia Award – Top 5, The People’s Choice Award – Top 10, Top Model – Top 20, Sports & Fitness – Top 32 and Dances of The World – Top 10 Performer.
- After winning the titles, she was criticized on the Internet as people started telling her what her flaws were and that is why she started hating herself. But sometime later, she gained belief in herself and forgot all the negativity and started working towards her goals.
- Koyal practices Yoga every day and also tries to teach people the importance of Yoga. She tries to remain fit and plays some sports as well. Some of them include horse riding, flying a plane, driving a car, mountain climbing etc. She believes that exercise and a good diet can make a person look beautiful.
Koyal Rana practising Yoga
- Since 2014, Koyal is the brand ambassador of Reebok. For two years, she promoted Yoga with the help of the brand. Her ideology of remaining fit matches with the agenda of the brand.
Koyal Rana promoting Reebok through Yoga
- She is also the brand ambassador of Neutrogena that is a skincare brand.
Koyal Rana as the ambassador of Neutrogena
- She was associated with different brands like Coca-Cola, Tata DoCoMo, Yamaha, Garnier India and Sony.
Koyal Rana on Coca-Cola ad
Koyal Rana flags off Yamaha Mission with John Abraham
Koyal Rana at Sony mobile launch
- She had been a showstopper for many designers, including Falguni and Shane Peacock, Rohit Bal, Shantanu and Nikhil, Joy Mitra, Pankaj and Nidhi Abhishek Sharma, Ritu Kumar, Sahil Kochar, Neeta Lulla, Marccain, Neha Taneja and Saisha Shinde.
Koyal Rana wearing the dress by designer Falguni and Shane Peacock
Koyal Rana shoot for designer Ritu Kumar
Koyal Rana shoot for designer Neha Taneja
- Koyal had appeared on various magazine covers. Some of them are Femina (2014), Competition Success Review, Femina Girl, Hair, Fact Universal.
Koyal Rana on the cover of Femina Magazine
- After Koyal won the title of Femina Miss India 2014, there were reports that famous rapper Honey Singh who was one of the judges in the pageant, would make a music video with her.
- Koyal was invited by the Ministery of AYUSH on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2015 where Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the Chief guest.
Koyal Rana was invited for MassYoga demonstration event in 2015
Koyal Rana doing Yoga at Noida Stadium
- In 2016, Koyal was one of the speakers on the theme ‘Zoom Out’ for the second edition of TEDx IMI New Delhi and talked about ‘Using your life purpose to stay young’. She also talked at TEDx IIM Raipur on the theme ‘Infinite Dimensions in 2017.
Koyal Rana on Ted Talk in New Delhi
Koyal Rana on Ted Talks Raipur
- Koyal looks up to former Miss Universe Sushmita Sen for inspiration. She believes that Sushmita has achieved a lot in her life. Talking about her admiration of Sushmita Sen, in an interview, Koyal said,
Sushmita is a perfect example of beauty with brains. She won Miss India title and then she was crowned Miss Universe. Besides that she also does a lot of social work. I totally look up to her.”
- In 2020, during the lockdown, she married a Delhi based businessman Ayush Dabas. The ceremony took place at a farmhouse in Delhi. She had an arranged marriage. Their parents made them meet each other. In an interview, Koyal revealed her love story. She said,
Our families met over tea. We started talking about spirituality, history, education and I never wanted our conversations to end. With Ayush, my conversation flowed so beautifully and we couldn’t believe how much in common we both had. We share the same set of values and aspirations. We didn’t exchange our contact numbers then, and we didn’t get in touch for a week. Then he called on my mom’s phone to talk to me and we had a long conversation. We both decided to go with the flow and see where it would lead us.”
Koyal Rana getting married to Ayush Dabas
- Recently, she celebrated her one year marriage anniversary with Sangeet and cocktail party with her friends and relatives who were not able to attend their wedding due to the lockdown.
Koyal Rana celebrating her one year marriage anniversary
- She spends time teaching underprivileged children and making them understand the value of education.
- In an interview, she said that she was not making a debut in Bollywood because she was exploring the world and whatever offers she had got were not relatable.
- She also believes that parents should give motivation to the children and they should know what their child wants to do so that they can succeed in life.
- Giving advice to the young girls, she said that they should have confidence and they should take care of their skin and their body. She wishes to open a training school for young girls someday.
- On Instagram, she keeps posting pictures from her trips to different places.