About Jessica Chastain
Jessica Chastain is an American actress and film producer known for character strong-willed women in movies with feminist themes. She has been nominated for two Oscars and is the winner of one Golden Globe Award. Born in California, in the US, she raised an interest in acting after she saw the play ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’. She made her professional stage debut in a production of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ and her film debut with a role in the drama film ‘Jolene’. Her popularity grew with her roles in movies, such as ‘Take Shelter’, ‘The Help’, ‘Mama’ and ‘Interstellar’.
She won the Golden Globe Award for her portray in ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ in the category of ‘Best Actress’. She is best known for her character of strong but flawed women and many of her roles are popular for championing feminist ideals. An outspoken feminist, she is known for her vocal support for equal pay and has rejected works that she felt were offering her unfair pay. TIME magazine listed her as one of the most influential people of the World in 2012.
||Jessica Michelle Chastain
||(as in 2022) 45 years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Sacramento, California, USA
|Date of Birth
||24 March 1977
||in centimeters- 163 cm
in meters- 1.63 m
in feet inches- 5’ 4”
||in kilograms- 56 kg
in pounds- 124 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
||8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
||Jerri Chastain (Vegan chef)
||Michael Monasterio (Aspiring Rocker) (Died of complications from bronchitis on February 5, 2013. He was aged 55 at the time of death)
||Juliet Chastain (Younger Sister) (Died by committing suicide)
||Michael Hastey (Step-father) (a fireman)
Nicole Monasterio (Half-Sister)
Laci Smoot (Half-Sister)
||Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo (2017-Present)
||10 June 2017
||Daughter- Giulietta, via surrogacy
||El Camino High School, Sacramento
||Sacramento City College
Juilliard School, New York City
||Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree
||Actress (Theatre, Film, Television)
||She became the face of Yves Saint Laurent’s new women’s fragrance, Manifesto in 2012. She used this spicy Opium perfume at 12 when an aunt gave her a half-used bottle of the scent.
Relationship & more
||Édgar Ramírez (2012) – In 2012, during the filming of Zero Dark Thirty (2012), the duo was RUMORed to be dating each other.
Tom Hiddleston (2012-2013) – English actor, Tom Hiddleston was RUMORed to be dating Jess in 2012. They separated in January 2013.
||The English Patient (1996)
|Favourite TV Show
||The Sopranos (1999-2007)
Jessica Michelle Chastain was born on March 24, 1977, in California, the US. Her father Michael Monasterio is a rock musician. Her mother’s name is Jerri Renee Hastey. Her parents were teenagers when she was born.
Chastain was raised by her mother and stepfather. She is estranged from her biological father and his name is not on her birth certificate. She had two sisters and two brothers. One of her siblings Juliet committed suicide in 2003 after struggling with drug abuse.
She studied at the El Camino Fundamental High School in Sacramento. She developed an interest in acting after seeing the play ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.’
She made her professional stage debut in a production of ‘Romeo and Juliet’ (1998) where she portrayed Juliet. She was eventually accepted into the Julliard School and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 2003. Her scholarship was funded by a well-known actor and comedian Robin Williams.
Chastain married Italian fashion executive Gian Luca Passi de Preposulo in June 2017. The following year they welcomed a daughter, Giulietta, via surrogacy. The family lives in New York City.
Jessica Chastain has a net worth of $40 million dollars.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Previous Year’s Net Worth 2021 (Approx)
||Actress (Theatre, Film, Television)
A lifelong animal lover, Jessica was pescatarian for many years before becoming a fully-practicing vegan. Her veganism led Jessica to make an early investment in plant-based food company Beyond Meat. Beyond Meat would famously have one of the most successful IPOs of 2019. Jessica has also appeared in advertisements for the company.
In May 2019 Jessica spent $8.875 million to acquire a townhouse in New York City. The 6,600 square foot, seven-bedroom had been on the market for over two years and was originally seeking $11.5 million. She owns a different New York City apartment that was purchased in 2015 for $5.1 million. She also owns a house in the Pacific Palisades area of Los Angeles.
Advocacy and Personal Life
In 2003 Chastain’s 24-year-old sister Juliet committed suicide, a personal tragedy that inspired the actress to devote herself to promoting awareness about depression and mental health. She supports various charitable causes including To Write Love on Her Arms, a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people who are struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide.
Chastain, who launched the female-led Freckle Films in 2016, is among the most outspoken advocates for equal rights in Hollywood. When news surfaced that Michelle Williams had made a fraction of the pay given to co-star Mark Wahlberg for the reshoot of All the Money in the World (2017), Chastain helped call attention to the disparity (Wahlberg later donated his salary to the Time’s Up legal defense fund).
Later, her former The Help co-star revealed that Chastain insisted they receive equal pay when pitching a project together, resulting in Spencer receiving five times her usual salary.
Movies And TV Shows
- Beginning in 2008, Chastain started to focus her efforts on big-screen roles. Parts in small films — such as Jolene (her first starring film role) and Stolen were followed by a supporting role in The Debt (with Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson) in 2010.
- The year 2011 started well for the actress with the cult hit Take Shelter (for which she received a variety of accolades). While that film was quietly successful, Jessica Chastain didn’t stay under the radar for long, as 2011 turned out to be the year that she broke through into the mainstream.
- After Chastain starred with in Wilde Salomé, he recommended her to director Terrence Malick for a role in the upcoming Tree of Life.
- Chastain got the part, playing a grief-stricken wife opposite , and that same year (2011) she appeared in the smash hit The Help, as well as in Coriolanus and Texas Killing Fields.
- Chastain followed up 2011 with several new films, including Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted (2012) and Zero Dark Thirty (2012), a film directed by Kathryn Bigelow about the hunt for Osama bin Laden.
- For her performance in Zero Dark Thirty as a real-life CIA operative, Chastain received the 2013 Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Movie Drama as well as an Academy Award nomination.
- In 2014 Chastain starred in the relationship drama The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby with James McAvoy and portrayed a scientist in the Christopher Nolan sci-fi epic Interstellar.
- Other film projects for the year included Miss Julie and A Most Violent Year, for which Chastain earned another Golden Globe nomination. Chastain was then seen in 2015 as an astronaut commander opposite in The Martian while also co-starring in the visually arresting horror flick Crimson Peak.
- In 2016 Chastain appeared in the fantasy adventure film The Huntsman: Winter’s War, a sequel to Snow White and the Huntsman (2012), co-starring with Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron.
- She also starred in the 2016 political thriller Miss Sloane, portraying a conservative lobbyist who takes on the gun lobby in Washington, D.C. Chastain earned a Golden Globe nomination for her portrayal of the title role.
- In 2017 Chastain portrayed Antonina Zabinskini in The Zookeeper’s Wife, a movie based on the true story of a husband-and-wife team that sheltered 300 Jews in the Warsaw Zoo during the Holocaust.
- That year, the actress earned a Golden Globe nomination for her part in another unusual true story, Molly’s Game, about an elite skier who began running the world’s most exclusive high-stakes poker game.
- In 2018 Chastain starred in the biographical period drama Woman Walks Ahead, portraying portrait painter Caroline Weldon who seeks to meet and paint Lakota hero Sitting Bull. The following year she reunited with McAvoy for the X-Men feature Dark Phoenix and the horror flick It Chapter Two.
The Tree of Life
Texas Killing Fields
||Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted
The Color of Time
Zero Dark Thirty
The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby
A Most Violent Year
||The Huntsman: Winter’s War
||I Am Jane Doe
The Zookeeper’s Wife
Woman Walks Ahead
||This Changes Everything
It Chapter Two
|Yet To Be Released
The Eyes of Tammy Faye
TV Shows & Serials List
||Law & Order: Trial by Jury
||Close to Home
||Agatha Christie’s Poirot
||Saturday Night Live
Some unknown facts about
- She was raised by her mother and stepfather.
- In 2012 and 2013, she attended the Oscar ceremony with her grandmother, Marilyn.
- Jessica was born when her mother, Jerri was 16 and father, Michael was 17. Jessica’s sister, Juliet was born one and a half years later.
- She refused to attend the memorial of her biological father, Michael after his death at the age of 55 due to complications of bronchitis.
- Jessica has a dog, named Chaplin, which is a three-legged rescue dog.
- She is a vegan now. But, most of her life, she has been a pescatarian.
- Earlier, she was cast for the film Iron Man 3 for the role of Maya Hansen, which was later given to Rebecca Hall.
- She was among the 176 people, who were invited to come to The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in the year 2012.
- In 2013, she was ranked at #76 in AskMen’s “Top 99 Most Desirable Women”.
- She can play ukulele (a member of the guitar family of instruments).