About Jessica Alba
Jessica Alba is an American actress who earned fame for her excellent performance in the television series ‘Dark Angel’. A prolific actress now, Alba had aspired to become an actress from an early age. She was only five when she chose to pursue her passion for acting! At 11, she got an acting competition which made her a scholarship for acting classes. This considered the stepping stone of Alba’s career which led her to achieve her dreams. Her breakthrough performances in both movies and television came in early. In 1994, at just 13 years of age, she got a small role as Gail in the feature film ‘Camp Nowhere’.
Around the same time, she pulled up a recurring character as Jessica in the Nickelodeon comedy series ‘The Secret World of Alex Mack’. Over the years, Alba has brightened her acting skills hugely which is visible in her work. Interestingly, she hasn’t limited her work to a single genre and regularly experiments with her roles and characters. She has worked in a diverse collection of film genres including horror, supernatural, thriller, romance, drama, and comedy. Furthermore, she has made her presence felt both in films and television with her accomplished acting skills.
||Jessica Marie Alba
||• Sky Angel
• Jessica Marie Warren
• Skank Butt
||(as in 2022) 41 Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Pomona, California, USA
|Date of Birth
||28 April 1981
||Beverly Hills, California
||Pomona, California, USA
||in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet inches- 5’ 7”
||in kilograms- 56 kg
in pounds- 124 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
||Catherine (née Jensen) (Housewife)
||Mark David Alba (Real Estate Agent)
||Joshua Alba (Younger)
||19 May 2008
||Son- Hayes Alba Warren (b. 2017)
Daughters- • Honor Marie Warren (b. 2008)
• Haven Garner Warren (b. 2011)
||• American School
• Atlantic Theater Company Acting School
• Claremont High School
||Model, TV and Film Actress, businesswoman
• The Los Angeles Mentoring Partnership (2005)
• Nintendo game (1993)
• J.C. Penney stores (1994)
• March of Dimes (PSA)
• LegalZoom (2013)
• The Honest Company
||• William Morris Endeavor
• Next Model Management – New York
• Next Model Management – London
• Next Model Management – Paris
• Next Model Management – Milan
• Next Model Management – Los Angeles
Relationship & more
||• Michael Weatherly (January 2000 – August 2003)
• Sergio Garcia (December 2003)
• Mark Wahlberg (January 2004)
• Derek Jeter (July 2004)
• Cash Warren (August 2004 – May 2008)
||She can’t pick any as she likes everything
|Favorite Fashion Designers
||Viktor And Rolf, Dolce And Gabbana
||Turquoise Perfume Oil from Sage
Jessica Marie Alba was born in Pomona, California, to Catherine Louisa and Mark David Alba. Her mother has Danish, Welsh, German, English, and French ancestry, while her paternal grandparents, who were born in California, were both the children of Mexican emigrants. She has a younger brother, Joshua. Her third cousin, once extracted, is writer Gustavo Arellano.
Her father’s Air Force profession led the family to Biloxi, Mississippi, and Del Rio, Texas, before coming back to Claremont, California, when she was nine years old. Alba has expressed her family as being a “very conservative family – a common, Catholic, Latin American family” and herself as very liberal, she states she had distinguished herself as a “feminist” as early as age five.
Alba’s early life was characterized by a multitude of physical ailments. During childhood, she experienced from partially deflated lungs twice, had pneumonia four to five times a year, as well as a ruptured appendix and a tonsillar cyst. She has also had asthma since she was a child.
Alba became separated from other children at school because she was in the hospital so often due to her illnesses that no one knew her well sufficient to befriend her. She has stated that her family’s constant moving also committed to her isolation from her peers. Alba graduated from Claremont High School at age 16, and she finally attended the Atlantic Theater Company.
While filming Dark Angel in January 2000, Alba started a three-year relationship with her co-star Michael Weatherly. Weatherly proposed to Alba on her 20th birthday, which she accepted. In August 2003, Alba and Weatherly stated that they had ended their relationship.
Alba joined Cash Warren, son of actor Michael Warren while filming Fantastic Four (2005 film) in 2004. The pair were married in Los Angeles in May 2008. They have three children: daughters, Honor Marie, born in June 2008, and Haven Garner born in August 2011, and a son, Hayes, born in December 2017. The first pictures of her eldest daughter, which look in the July 2008 issue of OK! magazine reportedly made Alba US$1.5 million.
In 2014, Alba looked in Henry Louis Gates’s genealogy series Finding Your Roots, where her lineage was drawn back to the ancient Maya civilization. The show’s research showed that her surname was not derived from a Spanish man, since her father’s direct paternal line (Y-DNA) was Haplogroup Q-M3, being Indigenous in origin.
Her father’s matrilineal line (mtDNA) was Jewish and told that lawyer Alan Dershowitz is a genetic relative of hers. Alba’s global admixture was 72.7% European, 22.5% East Asian and Native American, 2% Sub-Saharan African, 0.3% Middle Eastern and North African, 0.1% South Asian, and 2.4% “No Match”.
Jessica Alba has a net worth of $200 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
||Model, TV and Film Actress, businesswoman
Outside of acting, Alba is the co-founder of The Honest Company alongside her partner Christopher Gavigan. The Honest Company makes eco-friendly baby products, cleaning products, other house goods, and body care products. The company operates over 275 people and has revenues north of $150 million per year.
In August 2014, the company boosted $72 million (on top of $52 million it had raised previously) and produced a market valuation of $1 billion. The Honest Co. is expected to file for an IPO at some point in the future. It is not yet clear how much of the company Alba owns.
In August 2015, the company was estimated at $1.7 billion. Many analysts think she owns 20%, which would mean her stake at the time was worth roughly $200 million before taxes. In October 2017, the company raised a Series E round of $75 million at a $1 billion valuation, 57% lower than its previous value.
It’s now possible that Alba’s stake has been cut down to 15%, meaning her pre-tax paper Honest stake is worth $150 million. Additionally, Alba began a collection of skincare and beauty products in October 2015 called Honest Beauty.
In early 2017, Alba bought a Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, mansion for almost $10 million from film producer and Hollywood executive Mike Medavoy. Together with her husband Warren, Alba performed extensive renovations on the property, working with interior designers Kathleen and Tommy Clements of Clements Design. According to TMZ, Alba’s father, a real estate agent, attended the couple purchase the property.
Located within the private and gated community of Oak Pass Road, the property is right next door to the home of restaurateur and reality star Lisa Vanderpump, but it’s not just the star-studded place that makes Alba’s recent buy a great find. The 1.85-acre estate boasts a traditional-style home that one could argue is suggestive of a typical Hamptons classic, especially with respect to its light, open interiors.
While the property was originally listed for nearly $11 million, Alba managed to score a deal by locking it in for precisely $9.948 million. The home last changed hands in 2011, when Medavoy dipped it up for $6.425, suggesting he turned quite a profit on the Beverly Hills address.
The two-story guest house is paired with a three-stall garage, and beyond that is the estate’s sprawling lawn and swimming pool. The backyard is distinctly paparazzi-proof, nearly a requirement for the celebrity-packed Oak Pass Road community. Beyond the Vanderpumps, other important neighbors include Jon Voight, Channing Tatum, and Demi Moore.
Movies And TV Shows
- Jessica Alba’s debut on the big screen came in early. She bagged a small role as Gail in the 1994 feature film ‘Camp Nowhere’. Originally tapped in for a minor role, luck came her way when she replaced a prominent actress who dropped out of her role, giving Alba more screen time.
- Concurrently, she made her television debut the same year. She picked up a recurring role as Jessica for the Nickelodeon comedy series ‘The Secret World of Alex Mack’. She even starred in two national television commercials for Nintendo and JC Penny.
- Born to a lifeguard mother, Alba had picked up swimming traits before even turning two. An avid swimmer and certified scuba diver, she put her swimming skills to use for the show ‘Flipper’, wherein she featured in the role of Maya.
- Begun in 1995, its successful first season led way for a second season which she starred in. Alba’s alliance with the show lasted until 1997.
- The year 1998 viewed her pick up guest roles in several prominent and highly rated television series including the first season of the crime drama ‘Brooklyn South’ as Melissa Hauer, two episodes of ‘Beverly Hills, 90210’ as Leanne, and for an episode of ‘The Love Boat: The Next Wave’ as Layla.
- The year 1999 was a busy one for her in terms of career. She appeared in the Randy Quaid comedy feature ‘P.U.N.K.S.’.Concurrently, her film career took off as she picked up important roles in the romantic comedy ‘Never Been Kissed’ and the comedy-horror ‘Idle Hands’.
- Though Jessica Alba did a lot of work, her breakthrough as an actress came in when she got selected from 1200 odd candidates who auditioned for the role of Max Guevara, a genetically engineered super-soldier, for the Fox sci-fi television series ‘Dark Angel’ in 2000. Running for two seasons until 2002, Alba gained a lot of critical acclaim as an actress. In addition to several awards, she even won a Golden Globe nomination.
- Following ‘Dark Angel’, television and film offers came in rolling for Alba. She starred as an exotic dancer Nancy Callahan in ‘Sin City’ for which she gained an MTV Movie Award for ‘Sexiest Performance’. She played an aspiring dancer-choreographer in ‘Honey’ and as the Marvel Comics character Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman, in ‘Fantastic Four’ and its sequel. Meanwhile, she did guest roles in ‘MADtv’, ‘Entourage’, and ‘Trippin’.
- In 2008, she starred in the horror film ‘The Eye’. Though the film left to impress, her role received a positive response from the critics. The same year, she starred in ‘Meet Bill’ and ‘The Love Guru’ as well.
- The year 2010 was a busy one for the actress. She had five back-to-back releases, playing Joyce Lakeland, a prostit*te in ‘The Killer Inside Me’.
- Next, she worked in the hit romantic comedy ‘Valentine’s Day’ as Morley Clarkson, followed by an action film ‘Machete’.
- Two other releases of the year were ‘An Invisible Sign’ and ‘Little Fockers’.
- In 2011, Jessica Alba looked in the film ‘Spy Kids: All the Time in the World’. Her later releases include comedy ‘A.C.O.D’ and animated film ‘Escape from Planet Earth’. During this time, Alba also starred in two sequels ‘Sin City: A Dame to Kill For’ and ‘Machete Kills’ reprising her roles in both the films.
- During the years 2015-16, she acted in four films, all of which were in different genres. She did the teen independent action comedy film ‘Barely Lethal’ followed by the comedy ‘Entourage’.
- In 2016 came in the supernatural horror ‘The Veil’ in which she played the lead role of Maggie Price. Her latest outing on the big screen was in the 2016 film ‘Mechanic: Resurrection’.
- Apart from her acting career, Alba is also a businesswoman. Together with Chris Gavigan, she launched ‘The Honest Company’ in 2012. It provides consumers a collection of toxin-free household goods, diapers, and body care products.
- In 2013, she came up with a book ‘The Honest Life’.
Never Been Kissed
||The Sleeping Dictionary
Into the Blue
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Good Luck Chuck
The Love Guru
||The Killer Inside Me
An Invisible Sign
||Spy Kids: All the Time in the World
||Martin Scorsese Eats a Cookie
Escape from Planet Earth
||Sin City: A Dame to Kill For
Some Kind of Beautiful
||El Camino Christmas
TV Shows & Serials List
||The Secret World of Alex Mack
||ABC Afterschool Special
Beverly Hills, 90210
Love Boat: The Next Wave
||Comedy Bang! Bang!
||The Spoils of Babylon
||RuPaul’s Drag Race
||Planet of the Apps
Some unknown facts about
- Jessica has been named an s*x symbol.
- In 2006, she was placed no. 1 in AskMen’s Most Desirable Women list.
- After doing Into the Blue (2005 movie), she stated that she can hold her breath under the water longer than her co-stars Paul Walker, and Scott Caan.
- She had asthma as a child. Also, she underwent from pneumonia (4 to 5 times a year), had a ruptured appendix, and a tonsillar cyst.
- She likes to play golf and to cook food.
- At the age of 5, she concluded that she wanted to become an actress.
- “He Said She Said” is a song by Ashley Tisdale in which Alba has been mentioned.
- She does not understand Spanish and can hardly understand that language, despite her Mexican ancestry from her father’s side.
- Alba is the co-founder of the Honest company which sells non-toxic household products.
- She was born at 1:51 PM (PDT).
- Her cousin Steve “Salba” Alba is a skateboarding legend.
- She is a certified PADI scuba diver.
- She missed her dog, Sid, in July 2017.