About Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Armenian professional footballer Henrikh Mkhitaryan currently captains the Armenian national football team and plays for Arsenal in the ‘Premier League’ as a midfielder. As a child, he developed an interest in football and followed in the footsteps of his father, Hamlet Mkhitaryan. In 1995, he joined the youth system of Armenian professional football club FC Pyunik and was promoted to its first team in 2006.
He has played for Metalurh Donetsk, Shakhtar Donetsk, Borussia Dortmund, Manchester United, and Arsenal. He made his national debut in January 2007 and has become Armenia’s top scorer. In addition to being named several times “Armenian Footballer of the Year,” he has also won several honors in the “Ukrainian Premier League.”
||33 (as in 2022) Years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
|Date of Birth
||21 January 1989
||Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union
||Watching Movies, Playing guitar
||Marina Taschyan (Head of Armenian national teams department in the Armenian Football Federation)
||Hamlet Mkhitaryan (Ex. Professional footballer who died of brain tumor at 33)
||Monica Mkhitaryan (Older Sister) (Works at UEFA’s headquarters)
Marital Status, Wife and Children
||17 June 2019
||Monastery of San Lazzaro degli Armeni, near Venice, Italy
Sons- Hamlet Mkhitaryan
||Mkhitaryan achieved a bachelor degree from the Institute of Physical Culture in Armenia. Upon his graduation, he enrolled himself at the St. Petersburg Institute from where he majored in economics.
||Professional Football Player
||Henrikh has endorsed the popular sportswear brand Nike. He has also appeared in TV commercials for ROSGOSSTRAKH ARMENIA and Opel Astra.
||Henrikh Mkhitaryan is signed with Mino Raiola.
||• 2019: A.S. Roma
• January 22, 2018: Arsenal F.C.
• 2016: Manchester United F.C.
• 2013: Borussia Dortmund
• 2010: FC Shakhtar Donetsk
• 2009: FC Metalurh Donetsk
||• 2008: Armenia national under-21 football team
• 2007: Armenia national football team
• 2006 Armenia national under-19 football team
||• A.S. Roma
• Armenia national football team
||• 77 (A.S. Roma)
• 18 (Armenia national football team)
||Attacking Midfielder / Winger
• Through balls
• Quickness and Speed
||He has no significant weaknesses.
Height, Weight, and Figure Measurements
||in centimeters- 177 cm
in meters- 1.77 m
in feet inches- 5’10”
||in kilograms- 74 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
|Race / Ethnicity
|Favorite Playing Position
||Attacking Midfielder / Winger
||The Bible and Prisoner to the Streets (By Robyn Travis)
|Favorite TV Show
He was born in Yerevan, Armenian SSR, Soviet Union, on January 21, 1989, to Hamlet Mkhitaryan and Marina Taschyan. As a striker, Hamlet, his father, was a famous Soviet and Armenian footballer who played for the Armenian national team, the Armenian Premier League club ‘Ararat Yerevan’, and the CFA 2 club ‘ASOA Valence’. Hamlet is regarded as one of the best players of the Soviet Top League of the 1980s. He moved to France early in the 1990s with his family.
Since childhood, Mkhitaryan has been passionate about football and looked up to his father for advice concerning the game. At the age of seven, Hamlet lost his father to a brain tumor, but he left a lasting impression on the little boy who followed him into football. Many believe that Mkhitaryan’s playing style closely resembles his father’s.
His mother is the head of the national teams department in the Armenian Football Federation. His elder sister Monica works at the UEFA headquarters. Following his family’s return to Yerevan in 1995, he joined the youth system of ‘FC Pyunik’. After graduating from the Armenian Institute of Physical Culture, he attended the Yerevan branch of St. Petr’s Institute, where he studied economics.
The seven languages he speaks are Armenian, English, German, French, Russian, Ukrainian, and Portuguese. He earned the title of ‘Honorary Citizen of Yerevan’ for his contributions and accomplishments in football. The Prime Minister’s medal was awarded to him when he visited the Republic of Artsakh for charitable causes.
Henrikh Mkhitaryan Net Worth
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is an Armenian football player who has a net worth of $4 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
||15 Million Euros
||• Mercedes-Benz GLE
• Lamborghini Aventador Pirelli Edition
• Audi RS6R
• BMW S6
Having played for a long time at some of the biggest clubs, he knows a lot about the game. In the process, he has made a great deal of money playing professional football. Given that he just signed a contract with Arsenal, and he is getting a bit older, it is obvious that his market value is declining. Currently, his market value is around 15 Million Euros (12.9 Million Pounds).
- In 2006, he made his professional debut with FC Pyunik. In his four seasons with the club’s first team, he played 70 games and scored 30 goals, and the club won the Armenian Premier League in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009, the Armenian Super Cup in 2007 and 2008, and the Armenian Cup in 2009.
- His UEFA Europa League debut came on July 16, 2009, when he scored a goal in a 3–0 win over ‘FC Partizan Minsk’ after joining the Ukrainian professional football club Metalurh Donetsk.
- The striker debuted in the Ukrainian Premier League on July 19, 2009, against ‘Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk’ and scored his first league goal on July 26, 2009, against ‘Karpaty Lviv’.
- He became the youngest captain in the history of Metalurh Donetsk on July 14, 2010.
- The Ukrainian professional football club ‘Shakhtar Donetsk’ signed him for $7.5 million on August 30, 2010. On September 10, he made his debut against ‘Obolon Kyiv’, and scored his first goal against ‘Tavriya Simferopol’ on September 19.
- In his time with Shakhtar, the club won the Ukrainian Premier League, the Ukrainian Cup, and the Ukrainian Super Cup during the 2010-2011 season.
- As a result of his efforts, Shakhtar won the Ukrainian Premier League and the Ukrainian Cup in 2011–12 and 2012–13.
- In a 2-0 win over ‘Metalurh Donetsk’ on July 10, 2012, Mkhitaryan helped his team ‘Shakhtar’ win the 2012 ‘Ukrainian Super Cup’.
- As a player, he scored his first UEFA Champions League goal on September 19, 2012, when he netted two goals for ‘Shakhtar’ against Danish champions ‘Nordsjaelland.’ For this outstanding performance, he was named ‘Man of the Match.
- In that ‘Premier League’ season, he scored 24 goals for ‘Shakhtar’ against ‘Tavria’ on May 11, 2013. The maximum number of goals he scored in the Ukrainian Premier League is a new record.
- Having joined the German sports club ‘Borussia Dortmund’ in 2013, he made his debut for the club on July 10, in a pre-season friendly against ‘FC Basel.’ This was his first goal for the club.
- In the 2013–14 German Bundesliga, he scored 9 goals and 10 assists as Dortmund finished runners-up. His name was enlisted in the WhoScored ‘Bundesliga Team’ of the season.
- In the 2014 DFL-Supercup, he scored the first goal for ‘Dortmund’ in their 2–0 win against ‘Bayern Munich.
- He became the first Armenian player to sign with an English Premier League club on July 6, 2016. He signed a four-year contract with a one-year extension option with Manchester United.
- On August 7, 2016, he made his competitive debut with ‘Manchester United’ during the 2016 ‘FA Community Shield’ against ‘Leicester City.
- He became the first Armenian to play in the Premier League in a 3-1 victory over ‘Bournemouth’ on August 14, that year.
- In the last group match of the UEFA Europa League, he scored his first goal for ‘Manchester United’ on December 8, 2016. On December 11, the same year, he scored a Premier League goal leading ‘Tottenham Hotspur’ to a 1–0 win.
- He became the first Armenian player to win a major European football tournament when he scored the second goal in Manchester United’s 2-0 win over ‘Ajax’ in the UEFA Europa League on May 24, 2017.
- During the first quarter of 2018, he joined Arsenal in the Premier League. ‘Arsenal’ won 5-1 against Everton on his debut against the club on February 3, 2018.
- Since 2007, he has been a member of the Armenian national football team. He was named to the ‘UEFA Euro 2012 Qualifying Dream Team’ after scoring six goals for Armenia in UEFA Euro 2012 qualifying Group B, where he emerged as the top scorer.
- On September 10, 2013, he captained the Armenian team against Denmark in the absence of Roman Berezovsky in a 2014 FIFA World Cup qualification match. On October 15, 2014, he overtook Artur Petrosyan as Armenia’s top scorer with 12 goals, surpassing his 11 goals.
- As a result of his hat-trick in May 2016, Armenia won a friendly match against Guatemala 7-1 in Los Angeles, adding yet another achievement to his name as well as to his country.
Facts About Henrikh Mkhitaryan
- Henrikh was only 7 years old when his father died.
- Henrikh’s father played for ASOA Valence in France in the early 1990s, where the Mkhitaryan family relocated in the early 1990s.
- Mkhitaryan followed in his father’s footsteps and became a footballer.
- In 1995, he moved back to Yerevan with his family.
- In the youth categories of FC Pyunik, he began playing football.
- Zidane, according to Mkhitaryan, was his idol.
- Henrikh signed a contract worth 7.5 million dollars with Shakhtar Donetsk on August 30, 2010.
- Mkhitaryan officially joined Borussia Dortmund on July 8, 2013, after the German side agreed to pay 27.5 million euros to Shakhtar Donetsk.
- Henrikh signed a four-year contract with Manchester United on July 2, 2016.
- American, English, French, German, Portuguese, and Russian are his native languages. He also knows a little bit of Italian.
- Mkhitaryan was recognized by the Yerevan City Council in 2012 for his achievements in the game of football and in sports in general with the “Honorary Citizen of Yerevan” award.
- In his own words, Henrikh would have become a sprinter if he hadn’t made it in football.
- He won the DFL-Supercup with Borussia Dortmund in 2014.