Govind Arun Ahuja was born December 21, 1963, known as Govinda is an Indian film actor, comedian, dancer, and former politician best known for his work in Hindi films.
Famous for his burlesque performances and dancing skills, Govinda is considered a mass artist and successful actor in Bollywood. As such, Govinda has received 12 Filmfare Award nominations, a Filmfare Special Award, a Filmfare Award for Best Actor, and 4 Zee Cine Awards. Govinda’s first film was Ilzaam from 1986 and has appeared in over 165 Hindi films since. In June 1999, he was voted tenth biggest star of the stage or screen in a BBC News Online poll.
In the 2000 film Hadh Kar Di Aapne, he played six roles: Raju and his mother, father, sister, grandmother and grandfather. After a series of several unsuccessful films in the 2000s, his subsequent commercial successes include Bhagam Bhag (2006), Partner (2007), Life Partner (2009) and Holiday (2014). In 2015, Govinda became a judge for season 2 of Zee TV’s dance competition program, Dance India Dance Super Moms. The show received the highest TRP of any opening reality TV episode.
Govinda was a member of the Indian Parliament from 2004 to 2009. As part of the Indian National Congress, he was elected 7th MP for the North Mumbai constituency of Maharashtra, India, in the 14th Lok Sabha elections in 2004, defeating Ram Naik of the Bharatiya Janata party.
Govinda’s uncle, Anand Singh, introduced him to Tan-Badan. Singh’s sister-in-law Sunita Munjal fell in love with Govinda around this time and they were married on March 11, 1987, their marriage being kept secret for four years. They have two children: his daughter Tina Ahuja and his son Yashvardhan. Tina made her Bollywood debut in the 2015 Second Hand Husband.
Govinda has six nephews and two nieces in the entertainment industry: actors Vinay Anand, Krishna Abhishek, Aryan, Arjun Singh, Ragini Khanna, Amit Khanna, Aarti Singh and director Janmendra Kumar Ahuja (aka Dumpy). Govinda’s brother-in-law, Devendra Sharma, has appeared in several Hindi-language films.
||Govind Arun Ahuja
||Govinda, Chi Chi, Virar ka Chokra
||Actor, Producer, Dancer, Politician
||in centimeters– 171 cm
in meters– 1.71 m
in feet inches– 5’ 7”
||in kilograms– 85 kg
in pounds– 187 lbs
|Body Measurements (approx.)
||– Chest: 44 inches
– Waist: 36 inches
– Biceps: 14 inches
||Son– Yashvardhan Ahuja
Daughters– Tina Ahuja (Actor), 1 (Name Not Known) (Died when she was just 4 months old)
||Father– Arun Kumar Ahuja (Actor)
Mother– Nirmala Ahuja
||Brother– Kirti Kumar (Actor)
Sister– Kamini Khanna (Writer)
||Nephew– Krishna Abhishek (Actor)
Niece– Aarti Singh (Actress)
|Date of Birth
||21 December 1963
|Age (as in 2020)
||Virar, Maharashtra, India
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign
||Virar, Maharashtra, India
||Annasaheb Vartak College, Vasai, Maharashtra
||Bachelor of Commerce
||Film (Actor): Ilzaam (1986)
Film (Producer): Ssukh (2005)
||105, “Jal Darshan”, “A” Wing, Ruia Park Road, Juhu, Mumbai – 400049
1997: Special Award for Saajan Chale Sasural
2000: Best Comedian Award for Haseena Maan JaayegiZee Cine Awards
1998: Best Actor in a Comic Role for Dulhe Raja
1999: Best Actor in a Comic Role for Bade Miyan Chote Miya
2000: Best Actor in a Comic Role for Haseena Maan Jaayegi
2008: Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Male) for Partner
Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.
Relationships & more
||Neelam Kothari (Actress)
Rani Mukherji (Actress)
||March 11, 1987
||Moong Dal, Khichdi, Bhindi
||Just Around The Corner in Mumbai and Ming Yang in Mumbai
Govinda Net Worth is $18 Million (Rs. 133 Crore)
Some unknown facts about
- Does Govinda Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in Virar, Maharashtra and brought up in the slums of Mumbai.
- He is the youngest of the six siblings.
- When he was born, his father rejected to take him in his arms because of some reasons.
- Govinda used to have such a craze of watching movies that he used to save money, especially for watching movies.
- His mother, Nazeem was a Muslim but got converted into Hinduism and changed her name to Nirmala Devi.
- Govinda had a very tough childhood; as his father produced only one film in his entire career and that too a big flop, due to which they had to shift to semi-rural semiurban areas from a bungalow.
- He was once rejected for a steward’s job at the Taj Mahal Hotel because his English wasn’t up to the mark.
- He is given the nickname “Chi Chi,” which means little finger.
- Her mother wanted him to become a banker and never wanted him to become an actor. Even, he gave so many auditions, which were kept hidden from his mother.
- Initially, he was rejected by Rajashri Studios many times, when he auditioned for various roles.
- In his debut film Ilzaam, he made his mark with his dancing moves in the song I Am A Street Dancer.