Christina Applegate Bio, Husband, Children, Net Worth, Movies & Wiki
About Christina Applegate
Christina Applegate is an award-winning American actress and dancer. She portrayed one of the main roles in the American circumstantial comedy series ‘Married With Children’, for which she built up much fame. The show, which aired for ten years, earned enormous popularity throughout the US and was also later broadcast in several other countries. She played a guest role in the famous American circumstantial comedy series ‘Friends’. Her role won her an Emmy Award. She also earned nominations for the Golden Globe and the Tony Award.
Applegate has shown in several movies as well. She was seen in main roles in movies, such as ‘Grand Theft Parsons’ and ‘Vacations’. Her most recent works on the big screen include the main role in the comedy film ‘Crash Pad’ and a cameo role in the film ‘A Bad Mom’s Christmas’.
|Birth Name||Christina Applegate|
|Age||(as in 2022) 51 years|
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign||Sagittarius|
|Birth Place||Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Date of Birth||25 November 1971 wikipedia|
|Residence||Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Home Town||Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Height (Approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm
in meters- 1.65 m
in feet inches- 5’ 5”
|Weight (Approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg
in pounds- 121 lbs
Extra Ordinary Features
|Race / Ethnicity||White|
|Dress Size||8 (US) or 38 (EU)|
|Shoe Size||7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)|
|Mother’s Name||Nancy Lee Priddy (Singer and Actress)|
|Father’s Name||Robert William “Bob” Applegate (Record Producer and Record Company Executive)|
|Brother||Kyle Applegate (Half-Brother)|
|Sister||Alisa Applegate (Half-Sister)|
|Husband/Spouse||• Johnathon Schaech (1997-2007) – The actors Applegate and Johnathon Schaech started dating in August 1997 after meeting through the director Gregg Araki. After dating for about 4 years, the couple married on October 20, 2001. The happy married life went for another 4 years and in December 2005, the couple separated and filed for divorce, which was finalized in August 2007.
• Martyn LeNoble (2008-Present) – Porno for Pyros’ bassist, Martyn LeNoble started dating Christina in 2008. They soon got engaged on February 14, 2010 (Valentine’s Day).
|Marriage Date||23 February 2013|
|Children||Daughter- Sadie Grace (b. January 2011)|
|School||Excelsior High School|
|Educational Qualification||Not Known|
|Profession||Actress (Film, TV, voice roles)|
|Brands Endorsed||• She first appeared in Playtex baby bottles commercial, when she was three months old.
• Christina has also appeared in commercials and print ads on Kmart, Lee jeans (2003), Hanes underwear (2006), Barbie doll and others.
|Career Manager||• Management 360
• Celebrity Talent International
• Entertainment Booking Agency
• Grabow Entertainment Agency
Relationship & more
|Affairs/Boyfriends||• Steven Adler – Musician Steven Adler appeared on a show with Christina and had a fling with her.
• Brad Pitt (1988-1989) – She dated actor Brad Pitt from April 1988 to September 1989. She was 16 at the time of starting the relationship. The duo also appeared in the MTV Movie Awards in 1989.
• Richard Grieco (1989) – She briefly dated actor Richard Grieco in late 1989.
• Sebastian Bach (1989) – Canadian singer, Sebastian Bach and Christina had an encounter in 1989 during MTV Movie Awards.
• Nuno Bettencourt (1990-1992) – From 1990 to 1992, Portuguese singer, Nuno Bettencourt dated Christina. It is said that his song “Song for love” is perhaps dedicated to her.
• Christian Slater (1996) – The actors Christina and Christian Slater were RUMORed to have had a fling with each other in 1996. They were later again seen together when they presented the Emmy Awards in 2008.
• Lee Grivas (2005-2008) – Photographer and skateboarder, Lee Grivas started dating Christina in 2005. They dated ON and OFF for three years until early 2008. Lee was found dead in his apartment on July 1, 2008 due to the drug overdose. He was 26 at the time of his death.
|Favourite Movie||Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)|
|Favourite Flavor||Orange mango|
Christina Applegate was born on November 25, 1971, in Hollywood, California, in the US. Her father Robert William Applegate was a record producer as well as a record company executive, while her mother Nancy Lee Priddy is a singer and actress. Shortly after her birth, her parents separated. Her father married again, and through this marriage, Applegate has two half-siblings named Alisa and Kyle.
Her acting career began at an early age. She made her TV debut in the soap opera ‘Days of Our Lives’ as a baby and made her film debut at the age of seven in the film ‘Jaws of Satan’. Her first television movie was the biopic of Grace Kelly where she portrayed a younger version of Kelly. She was also seen in guest roles in shows such as ‘Father Murphy’ and ‘Silver Spoons’. She played a recurring role in ‘Heart of the City’ from 1986 to 1987.
Applegate married her longtime boyfriend, actor Jonathan Schaech, in October 2001. However, the union didn’t last, and they began divorce proceedings in November 2005. Around this time, Applegate met Lee Grivas, a fisherman, and aspiring photographer. The two connected through one of Applegate’s colleagues on the Broadway show Sweet Charity, though their relationship was reportedly a rocky one, as Applegate disapproved of his struggles with drugs.
Grivas died of an apparent drug overdose in 2008. Applegate was “profoundly saddened” by his death and added that Grivas was “missed beyond words.” Applegate became a mom in 2011, welcoming daughter Sadie Grace with musician Martyn LeNoble. The couple later tied the knot in 2013.
Christina Applegate has an estimated net worth of $20 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022||$20 million|
|Previous Year’s Net Worth (2021)||Under Review|
|Income Source||Actress (Film, TV, voice roles)|
Applegate made $125,000 per episode. We can only assume she’s making a comparable amount for Dead to Me, especially since she is, once again, a producer for the series in addition to starring on it.
Movies And TV Shows
- After performing in commercials for Kmart and appearing in several movies and TV shows, Applegate landed her breakthrough role as teen airhead Kelly Bundy on Fox’s popular sitcom Married With Children at age 15.
- She portrayed the daughter of obnoxious dad Al (Ed O’Neill) and pushy Peggy as well as the big sister of Bud (David Faustino) on the show. The sitcom proved to be a huge hit, lasting for an impressive 11 seasons. During this period, Applegate also took on several film projects, including the 1991 comedy Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead.
- Applegate showed in several comedic films in the late ’90s as she sought to distance herself from the Kelly Bundy persona. She starred opposite Mark Wahlberg in the 1998 Hong Kong-tinged action-comedy The Big Hit, and played the fiancee of a Mob scion in the Mafia parody Mafia! with Lloyd Bridges and Jay Mohr that same year.
- Also in 1998, Applegate returned to series television, Inspired by her experience with her own mother growing up, Applegate starred as a single mom balancing work and family in the sitcom Jesse. Although the show had some bright moments, it was canceled after two seasons.
- Back on the big screen, Applegate appeared in the 2001 time-travel comedy Just Visiting, which proved to be a commercial and critical disappointment. She then had a chance to show that she could hold her own opposite some of her more respected film peers.
- Applegate received strong reviews as Cameron Diaz’s levelheaded best friend in The Sweetest Thing in 2002 and appeared with Gwyneth Paltrow in the flight attendant comedy A View From the Top in 2003. The following year, she proved a suitable foil to funnyman Will Ferrell in Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.
- Applegate returned to television with the sitcom Samantha Who? in 2007, enjoying some success before the show was axed after two seasons. She then co-starred with Will Arnett as parents dealing with a newborn on Up All Night, which also endured for two seasons.
- Applegate went on to appear in such films as Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues (2013), Vacation (2015), and Bad Moms (2016).
- She also lent her voice to several animated films, including the Alvin and the Chipmunks series and The Book of Life (2014).
- Taking another shot at the television, Applegate began co-starring with Linda Cardellini on the dark comedy Dead to Me in spring 2019, earning an Emmy nomination for her efforts.
|1981||Jaws of Satan
|1991||Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead|
Across the Moon
|1998||Jane Austen’s Mafia!
The Big Hit
|1999||Out in Fifty|
|2000||The Brutal Truth|
|2002||The Sweetest Thing
|2003||Grand Theft Parsons
View from the Top
Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie
Employee of the Month
|2007||Farce of the Penguins|
|2009||Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel|
|2010||Going the Distance
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
|2013||Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues|
|2014||The Book of Life|
Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip
|2016||Youth in Oregon
A Bad Moms Christmas
TV Shows & Serials List
|1972||Days of Our Lives|
|1984–1985||Charles in Charge|
All Is Forgiven
Still the Beaver
|1986–87||Heart of the City|
|1987–97||Married with Children|
|1988||Dance ’til Dawn
21 Jump Street
|1990||The Earth Day Special|
|1991||Top of the Heap|
|1993||Saturday Night Live|
|2004||King of the Hill
Father of the Pride
|2005||Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas|
|2011–12||Up All Night|
|2011–14||So You Think You Can Dance|
|2012||Saturday Night Live|
|2018||Ask the Storybots|
|2019–present||Dead to Me IMDB|
Some unknown facts about
- Soon after Christina’s birth, her parents split.
- She likes to read books, which are on spirituality.
- She went to high school with Milla Jovovich.
- As per IMDb, she was born at 5:45 PM.
- Christina has three pet cats, and even a turtle, named, Tibbell.
- Applegate supports animal rights organization called People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and appeared in their anti-fur advertisement in 2007.
- She was really shy at school.
- Applegate has played Jennifer Aniston‘s on-screen sister, Amy Green in NBC’s sitcom Friends from 2002 to 2003.
- She has tattoos on her both legs (near ankles). The tattoo says “Nini” on one leg and “Agape” on the other leg.
- She gets sad if she is called by the name “Granny Smith.”