About Charlize Theron
Charlize Theron is an actress and producer from South Africa and currently holds dual citizenship of South Africa and the United States. She has won several awards, along with a Screen Actors Guild Award, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe Award. Theron is among the highest-paid actresses in the world. She was named one of the 100 most influential persons in the world by Time magazine in 2016.
Charlize Theron has been involved in filmmaking since the 2000s, under her firm Denver and Delilah Productions. Theron has made a number of films, such as Dark Places, Burning Plain, and Long Shot. A motion picture star has been bestowed upon her on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
||47 years (as of 2022)
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Benoni, South Africa
|Date of Birth
||7 August 1975
||Benoni, South Africa
||in centimeters – 177 cm
in meters – 1.77 m
in Feet Inches – 5’8″
||in Kilograms – 55 kg
in Pounds – 121 lbs
||Gerda Jacoba Aletta Maritz
Charlize Theron with her mother
||Charles Jacobus Theron
||Putfontein Primary School
National School of the Arts in Johannesburg
||J.J. Harris (former)
||The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
|Favourite Karaoke Song
||Sushi Park in Los Angeles
Days of Wine & Roses
||Dior Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation
||Kiehl’s Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
|Favourite Skin Serum
||Dior L’or De Vie Serum
|Favourite Skin Cleanser
|Favourite Eyeshadow Palette
||Dior 5 Couleurs Eye-Shadow Palette in Bar
|Favourite Lip Balm
||Dior Crème De Rose
||Kiehl’s Original Musk Eau De Toilette
Charlize Theron has a net worth of $160 million.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022 (Approx)
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021 (Approx)
Charlize Theron has made significant wealth in her two-decade-long acting career. Charlize Theron is a high-paid brand spokesperson for brands like Raymond Weil, L’Oreal, and Christian Dior in addition to her acting career. Theron is usually one of several highest-paid celebrities in the industry, with an annual salary that may easily reach $30-40 million thanks to her endorsement and movie revenues.
Charlize Theron’s principal home is a $1.65 million dollar Spanish-style villa in the Hollywood Hills which she purchased in 1998. She also has a second Hollywood Hills home, which she purchased for $3 million in the 2000s.
Some unknown facts about
- Charlize Theron was born and reared in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Charlize Theron is of Afrikaans descent.
- Theron aspired to be a dancer since she was a child.
- Theron got admitted to the Joffrey Ballet in New York after submitting an application.
- Theron came to Milan when she was 16 to become a model. She moved to New York City shortly afterward.
- Theron’s mother purchased just one ticket for her to follow her goal of being a performer in Los Angeles.
- A talent scout noticed Theron as she was shouting at a bank teller.
- Charlize Theron became the first South African to receive an Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role.
- Theron provides the voice of a grumpy monkey within the animated film Kubo and the Two Strings.
- Theron earned a naturalized American citizen in 2007 while keeping her South African citizenship.
- For the character of Imperator Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road, Theron shaved her head.
Charlize Theron was born on 7th August 1975 in Benoni, South Africa. She was born to Gerda Jacoba Aletta Maritz and Charles Jacobus Theron, a constructionist.
Theron was raised on a farm in the South African town of Benoni. She enrolled at a boarding school specializing in the arts field at the age of 13 in order to keep her ballet training. When she was 15 years old, her mom shot and murdered her dad in self-defense after being assaulted by him while he was intoxicated.
Theron came to Milan at the age of 16 and started working as a model. She moved to New York City just two years later, whereupon she chose to continue to model and enrolled at the Joffrey Ballet School.
Unfortunately, due to a knee injury, she was unable to pursue careers in dance and instead sought, but failed, to pursue acting opportunities.
Theron ultimately relocated to Hollywood, where she was found by an agent while causing a ruckus after a bank refused to pay a cheque. She started landing tiny parts after that.
Soon Theron got noticed and she was chosen as a lead actress in The Devil’s Advocate in 1997. Her performance in the film brought her much success and paved the way for future career opportunities.
- When Charlize Theron was 19 years old, she moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career as an actor.
- Theron met John Crosby, a talent scout, by coincidence at a Hollywood Boulevard bank. He put her in touch with casting directors.
- In 1995, she received her first movie role as a non-speaking character in Children of the Corn III, a straightforward picture.
- The following year, in 1996, she earned her first speaking part in the film 2 Days in the Valley.
- In 1997, Theron featured in The Devil’s Advocate, a suspense thriller inspired by Andrew Neiderman’s book of the same title. The movie also featured Al pacino and Keanu Reeves in prominent roles.
- Charlize Theron portrayed the character of Candy Kendall in the 1999 film adaption of The Cider House Rules. The picture was mostly well-received, and it was nominated for two Academy Awards.
- In the 2003 crime thriller Monster, she played serial killer Aileen Wuornos, an ex-prostitute transformed murderer, in one of her most well-known performances. Her performance was praised by critics and she won multiple prizes for it.
- In the melodrama film North Country, Theron portrayed Josey Aimes, the heroine. She played a lady who speaks out against sexual misconduct at the mine where she works. Her performance received an Academy Award nomination.
- In 2008, she produced and appeared in Sleepwalking, a drama film about a 30-year-old man’s bond with his 12-year-old niece after she has been dumped by her mother.
- Charlize Theron starred as Sylvia in Guillermo Arriaga’s movie The Burning Plain in 2009. A multipart plot is knitted together in a non-linear storyline throughout the film.
- Snow White and the Huntsman, a fiction and adventure movie released in 2012, starred Charlize Theron. Despite mixed reviews from critics, the picture was a big economic success.
- In 2012, Theron starred as the antagonist in two big-budget films. Both films were huge box office successes, generating over $400 million worldwide.
- Theron played Imperator Furiosa in Mad Max: Fury Road in 2015. She was praised for her character’s domineering demeanor.
- In 2019, Theron co-produced and performed in the drama Bombshell as Megyn Kelly. Theron was nominated for five major awards for her performance in the film, including the Academy Award for Best Actress, the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role, and the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress.
- Charlize Theron produced and appeared in Gina Prince Bythewood’s Netflix film The Old Guard, which will be released in July 2020, alongside KiKi Layne. As per some news updates, Theron will portray Lady Lesso in the forthcoming film The School for Good and Evil, which is expected to release in 2022.
|Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest
|2 Days in the Valley
That Thing You Do!
|Trial and Error
The Devil’s Advocate
Mighty Joe Young
|The Astronaut’s Wife
The Cider House Rules
Men of Honor
The Legend of Bagger Vance
The Curse of the Jade Scorpion
Waking Up in Reno
|The Italian Job
|Head in the Clouds
|East of Havana
|In the Valley of Elah
Battle in Seattle
The Burning Plain
|Snow White and the Huntsman
|A Million Ways to Die in the West
Mad Max: Fury Road
|The Huntsman: Winter’s War
The Last Face
Kubo and the Two Strings
Brain on Fire
The Fate of the Furious
The Addams Family
|The Old Guard
The Addams Family 2