Ben Stokes Wiki Biography, Age, Height, Wife, Family, Career, Net Worth & more.
About Ben Stokes
Benjamin Andrew Stokes better known as Ben Stokes is a British Cricketer who was born in Christchurch, New Zealand. Stokes along with his family moved to England when he was of 12 years old and started playing cricket there. Initially Stokes played professional cricket for his School team and then he played for Cockermouth Cricket Club. Ben made his first-class debut for Durham in 2009. In the year 2011, Stokes got selected for his national team and made his ODI debut against Ireland.
|Full Name||Benjamin Andrew Stokes|
|Nick Name||Ben Stokes|
|Date Of Birth||June 4, 1991 wikipedia|
|Birth Place||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|Batting||Left Hand Batsman|
|Bowling||Right Arm Fast Medium|
|Height||In feet- 6 Feet
In centimetre- 185
|Weight||In kilogram- 80 kg
In Pound- 176.37 lbs
|Age in 2020||29 Years|
|Shoe Size||9 UK|
Father : Gerard Stokes
Mother : Deborah Stokes
Relationship & more
- Ben’s favourite Batsman is Kevin Pietersen.
- His favourite bowlers is Dale Steyn.
- His favourite food is Omelette.
- He also likes playing PC Games.
- Ben’s likes to play in Sydney Cricket Ground and Wankhede Stadium.
- His favourite sports personalities are John McEnroe and Roger Federer.
|Net Worth||Approx $10 Million|
|Does Ben Stokes consume Alcohol?||Yes|
|Does Ben smoke Cigarettes?||No|
|Can Ben swim?||Yes|
|Is Stokes a Yoga Practitioner?||No|
|Is Stokes a Jogger?||Yes|
|Hobbies||Listening Music and Driving|
|Food||Omelette and Prawn Curry|
- Ben Stokes first played cricket for his Cockermouth School and then played for the Cockermouth Cricket Club.
- Stokes made his Domestic debut in 2010 for Durham Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi. Later that year he also made his Championship Debut for Durham.
- Ben’s performances in First class cricket earned him a call for National Team for Australia tour in 2010-11 Ashes.
Start Of International Career
- He made his ODI debut against Ireland on 25th August 2011 but didn’t performed well in his debut match scoring only 3 runs but he was selected in the T20 Squad for a T20 series against West Indies and made his T20 debut on 23rd September 2011.
- But in 2012, Ben didn’t play for England due to continuous injuries.
- Later in 2013, Ben was again selected in England’s Test team when he was selected for the Ashes 2013-14 and made his test debut on 5th December 2013 in the Ashes 2013-14.
- Ben was then ruled out of T20 World Cup 2014 due to injury. He got injured while punching the locker.
- Ben was not selected in England’s squad for 2015 World Cup.
- Then in 2016, Stokes was selected in the England’s Squad for 2016 T20 World Cup. England was runners up in the tournament and lost the final to West Indies as 19 runs were required in the final over and Stokes bowled the final over. West Indies’ All-rounder Carlos Brathwaite smashed four consecutive sixes to Stokes in final over to win the T20 World Cup for West Indies. IMDB
Rise In His Career
- Ben Stokes was even the part of England’s Squad for 2017 ICC Championship Trophy.
- Then he was selected for England’s Squad for 2019 World Cup and in the opening match Ben was awarded man of the match as he took the catch of Andile Phehlukwayo and that catch is described as one of the greatest catches of all time. Ben even scored 89 runs from 79 balls in that match.
- In 2019 World cup, England reached the finals and Stokes’ unbeaten 84 helped England to draw the match.
- Then Ben batted with Jos Buttler in the super over but super over was also a draw. Then because of Boundary Count Rule, England were eventually made the champions that year as a result England won an ICC World Cup for the first time in 2019.
- During 3rd Test of 2019 Ashes, England were bowled out for 67 runs in the first innings but in second innings, Ben played one of the greatest innings of all time. He made unbeaten 135 in second innings and helped his team in chasing a mammoth score of 359.
- Ben made his IPL debut in 2017 and he was bought by Rising Pune Supergiants for 14.5 Crores Rupees that season. In the same year, he made his maiden IPL century against Gujarat Lions.
- Then in the 2018 IPL season, Stokes was bought by Rajasthan Royals for 12.5 Crores and he was the most expensive player in the 2018 IPL Auction.
- He is an integral part of Rajasthan Royals squad now and is playing for them since 2018.
Some unknown facts about