About Amy Adams
Amy Adams is an American actress, well known for her role as ‘Brenda Strong’ opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in Steven Spielberg’s biographical crime film ‘Catch Me If You Can.’ She has won many awards, including the prestigious ‘Golden Globe Awards’ and ‘British Academy Film Awards.’ Adams originally wanted to become a singer and ballet dancer, but later on, she decided to focus only on dancing. She originally worked at dance theatres before shifting her attention towards working in movies. After struggling in the initial part of her career, she struck gold with the ‘Disney’ movie ‘Enchanted,’ which heightened her popularity in Hollywood.
Prior to appearing in ‘Enchanted,’ she had made a name for herself as a polished television actor by starring in series, such as ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’ and ‘The West Wing.’ Amy Adams has been nominated for the ‘Academy Award’ on multiple occasions in her career. She has also been nominated for other prestigious awards, such as ‘Primetime Emmy Awards,’ ‘People’s Choice Awards,’ ‘MTV Movie Awards,’ and ‘Critics’ Choice Movie Awards.’
||Amy Lou Adams
||(as in 2022) 48 years
|Sun Sign/Zodiac Sign
||Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
|Date of Birth
||20 August 1974
||Beverly Hills, CA
||Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
||Singing and reading books
||in Feet/Inches- 5′ 4″
in Centimeters- 163 cm
in Meters- 1.63m
||in Kilograms- 58 kg
in Pounds- 128 pounds
|Race / Ethnicity
||Kathryn (née Hicken) Adams (Semi-professional bodybuilder)
||Richard Kent (U.S. serviceman)
||1. Scott Adams
2. Eddie Adams
3. Richard Jr. Adams
4. Daniel Adams
||1. Julie “Juls” Adams Gabsa
2. Anna Adams
||Darren Le Gallo
||2 May 2015
||(Daughter) Aviana Olea Le Gallo (born 15 May 2010)
||Douglas County High School in Castle Rock, Colorado
||Lacoste’s fragrance line
||Management Artists Syndication
Relationship & more
||Darren Le Gallo (2001-Present)
||Cate Blanchett, Rachel Weisz, Samantha Morton
||The Apartment (1960), Vertigo (1958), Grease (1978)
|Favourite Disney Princess
||That’s How You Know
||Amy’s own dog named Pippy
|Favourite Ice Cream Flavor
|Favourite Broadway Musical
||Man of La Mancha
Amy Adams was born on August 20, 1974, in Vicenza, Italy, to American parents Richard Adams and Kathryn Adams. Her father was employed with the ‘US Army’ and was posted in Italy for some time. Amy has six siblings – four brothers and two sisters. She spent her early childhood in Italy.
It was only when she was eight-years-old that she returned to America along with her family. The Adams family started living in a home in Castle Rock, Colorado and Amy Adams took admission to ‘Douglas Country High School.’ Amy Adams was interested in choir music and ballet dancing from a young age.
In fact, she enrolled herself in a dance company when she was still a child. Initially, she wanted to become an athlete, but later on, realized her passion for performing arts. Her parents divorced when she was 11-years-old. After graduating from high school, Amy Adams decided to live with her mother in Atlanta.
She was not interested in attending college as she wanted to hone her skills in musical theatre. It was during this stage in her life that she decided not to pursue ballet as she thought she did not have the wherewithal to pursue ballet as a career.
Аѕ оf 2022, Аmу Аdаmѕ’ hаѕ аn еѕtіmаtеd nеt wоrth оf оvеr $75 mіllіоn. Неr оnlу ѕоurсе оf іnсоmе іѕ hеr асtіng саrееr. Аmу іѕ thе hіghеѕt-раіd асtrеѕѕ іn thе wоrld.
|Estimated Net Worth in 2022
|Estimated Net Worth in 2021
||Actress, singer (Profession)
Adams also earns money outside of acting. In 2018, she received her first producer credit when she became the executive producer of HBO’s Sharp Objects. In addition, Adams is a singer. She appeared in the 2011 version of The Muppets movie and recorded seven songs for the soundtrack.
Adams will earn roughly $300,000 per episode for her role on HBO’s new series ‘Sharp Objects.’ An insider told that the production budget has even been cut so they can afford her salary. Said the insider, “Amy’s salary has chewed up so much of the budget that they’re having to film it with minimal lighting and handheld cameras. There are no perks and luxuries on set either, and hardly any extras in the background.”
Adams began dating fellow actor Darren Le Gallo in 2001. She gave birth to their daughter Aviana Olea Le Gallo on May 15, 2010. Adams and Le Gallo were married on May 2, 2015.
Movies And TV Shows
- In the mid-1990s, Adams worked as a dancer at a number of different theaters and playhouses in Colorado and Minnesota.
- By the end of the decade, she landed her first film role in the comedy Drop Dead Gorgeous. Shortly thereafter, encouraged by co-star Kirstie Alley, Adams relocated to Los Angeles and auditioned for more roles. She landed one on a FOX television series, but it was later canceled.
- Adams went on to appear in several small films and guest stars on TV series. She was also chosen to appear in Steven Spielberg’s Catch Me If You Can (2002) as Brenda Strong, a role that, according to Spielberg, should have launched Adams’s career.
- But it wasn’t until she starred in the 2005 film Junebug that Adams made her breakthrough, She received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress as well as a Special Jury Prize for her performance after Junebug premiered at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival.
- In 2007, Adams landed the lead in the fantasy musical Enchanted, portraying a Disney cartoon songstress who enters the three-dimensional world. The following year she received another Supporting Actress Oscar nomination for her role as a nun in 2008’s Doubt, co-starring Meryl Streep.
- Then in 2009, she starred as a young, aspiring cook in Julie & Julia, the popular culinary comedy about famed chef Julia Child. Adams once again starred alongside Streep, with the project directed by late filmmaker Nora Ephron and receiving wide acclaim, earning nearly $130 million at the global box office.
- Adams has continued to take on an array of roles to much acclaim, earning Academy Award nominations her for roles in the dramas The Fighter (2010), directed by David O. Russell, and The Master (2012), from Paul Thomas Anderson.
- The actress has also taken on lighter fare such as Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (2008), Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009), and The Muppets (2011).
- In 2013, she entered comic-book fandom with her portrayal of reporter Lois Lane in Man of Steel and reprised the role for the 2016 sequel Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Also in 2013 she starred opposite The Fighter co-star in the ensemble cast of American Hustle, once again helmed by Russell. Adams was nominated for yet another Oscar, her first for Lead Actress, and this time for her role as a ’70s-era con artist caught in a web of conflicting interests. She also won a Golden Globe for the performance.
- In 2014, Adams starred in Big Eyes, playing artist Margaret Keane and winning her second Golden Globe for her efforts. In 2016, Adams received critical acclaim and a Golden Globe nomination for her starring role in the sci-fi blockbuster Arrival, based on the short story Story of Your Life by Ted Chiang.
- That same year she starred in the psychological thriller Nocturnal Animals, directed by Tom Ford and co-starring Jake Gyllenhaal, and in 2017 she returned as Lois Lane for the superhero ensemble Justice League.
- Adams went on to co-produce and star in the Jean-Marc Vallée-directed HBO adaptation of Gillian Flynn’s novel Sharp Objects, earning a Golden Globe for her lead performance in the dark miniseries.
- She also earned Golden Globe and Oscar nominations for her portrayal of Lynne Cheney, wife of former VP Dick Cheney, in Vice (2018).
||Drop Dead Gorgeous
||Psycho Beach Party
The Chromium Hook
Cruel Intentions 2
||The Slaughter Rule
Catch Me If You Can
||The Last Run
||The Wedding Date
Stephen Tobolowsky’s Birthday Party
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
Tenacious D in The Pick of Destiny
Charlie Wilson’s War
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day
||Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian
Julie & Julia
Love & Distrust
||On the Road
Trouble with the Curve
||Man of Steel
||Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
||The Woman in the Window
Yet to be release- Hillbilly Elegy
||Zack Snyder’s Justice League
TV Shows & Serials List
||That ’70s Show
Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
||The West Wing
||King of the Hill
||Saturday Night Live
||Saturday Night Live
Some unknown facts about
- Amy was active in singing during her time in high school.
- She had plans to take ballet dancing as her career.
- She has also worked at the Gap store as a greeter (her job was to welcome the customers).
- After completing her graduation, she also worked at Hooters restaurants as a hostess.
- She likes to read books.
- If given a chance, she would definitely like to work with French actress Audrey Tautou.
- She knows knitting and she learned it from veteran actress Meryl Streep.
- She likes to sing karaoke.
- She is not on social media.