About Aamir Khan
Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan also known Aamir Khan was bnorn on March 14, 1965, is an actor, director and Indian filmmaker. During his thirty-year career in Hindi films, Khan has established himself as one of the most popular and influential actors in Indian cinema. He has a large client base in India and China and has been described by Newsweek as “the greatest movie star” in the world. Khan has received numerous awards, including nine Filmfare Awards, four National Film Awards and an AACTA Award. He was honored by the Indian government with Padma Shri in 2003 and Padma Bhushan in 2010, and received an honorary title from the Government of China in 2017.
On December 28, 2005, Khan married Kiran Rao, assistant director of Ashutosh Gowariker during the filming of Lagaan. On December 5, 2011, Khan and his wife announced the birth of their son, Azad Rao Khan, through a surrogate mother. In 2007, Khan lost a battle for the custody of his younger brother Faisal against their father, Tahir Hussain. His father died on February 2, 2010.
A practicing Muslim, Khan and his mother Zeenat, performed Hajj in 2013, an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, Saudi Arabia, as well as a mandatory religious duty for Muslims. His wife Kiran Rao is a Hindu. In March 2015, Khan said that he had stopped eating non-vegetarian food and had adopted a vegan lifestyle after being inspired by his wife.
Aamir Khan regards Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar as his inspiration. Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was fearless, he spread love and humanity, he loved people and gave them a sense of humanity, Babasaheb never gave up, he was not afraid of anything. Now, I had a hard time getting my inspiration from him, which is why Babasaheb is my model, “said Aamir Khan.
In the film world and beyond, Khan is an activist and a humanitarian. He participated in various social causes, some of which sparked political controversy. He has created and hosted the Satyamev Jayate TV talk show, through which he highlights sensitive social issues in India, sometimes influencing the Indian Parliament. Her work as a social reformer, addressing issues ranging from poverty to education to abuse and discrimination, earned her the Top 100 list of the most influential people in the world in Time 100. Khan was married to his first wife, Reena Dutta, for fifteen years, after which he married director Kiran Rao. He has three children – two with Dutta and one with Rao by surrogacy.
|Mohammed Aamir Hussain Khan
|Mr. Perfectionist, The Choco Boy
|Date Of Birth
|14 March 1965
|56 Years (as in 2021)
|Profession / Occupation
|Actor, Filmmaker (Hindi)
|Height / Weight
|5′ 6” / 70kg
|Yaadon Ki Baaraat (1973)
|First Debut Movie
|Height in Centimeters
|Height in Meters
|Height in Feet Inches
|Late Tahir Hussain (film producer)
|Faisal Khan (younger)
|Farhat Khan and Nikhat Khan (youngers)
|First wife: Reena Dutta (m.1986-div 2002)
Second wife : Kiran Rao (m.2005-present)
|First wife: Ira Khan
|First wife: Junaid Khan
Second wife : Azad Rao Khan
|J.B. Petit School, Mumbai (pre-primary education)
St. Anne’s High School, Bandra, Mumbai (till the eighth grade)
Bombay Scottish School, Mahim, Mumbai (ninth and tenth grade)
|College / University
|Narsee Monjee College (Twelth grade)
|2003: Padma Shri by the Government of India
2009: Raj Kapoor Smriti Vishesh Gaurav Puraskar by the Government of Maharashtra
2010: Padma Bhushan by the Government of India
2017: National Treasure of India by the Government of China
|1989: Best Male Debut for Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak
1997: Best Actor for Raja Hindustani
2002: Best Actor for Lagaan
2007: Best Actor (Critics) for Rang De Basanti
2008: Best Director for Taare Zameen Par
2017: Best Actor for Dangal
|2002: Film Lagaan was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film
|BIG Star Entertainment Awards
|2010: BIG Star – Film Actor of Decade (Male)
Relationships & more
|Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar, Govinda
Hollywood: Daniel Day Lewis, Leonardo DiCaprio
|Waheeda Rehman, Geeta Bali, Sridevi, Madhubala
|Indian and Moghlai Dishes, Dal and Rice
|Listening Old Music, Watching Movies, Playing Chess, Tennis and Cricket
|Frangipani at the Trident (Mumbai), India Jones (Mumbai)
|Bollywood : Pyaasa
Hollywood– Gone With The Wind, Godfather, Black, Scarface
|Oh Re Taal Mile from the film Anokhi Raat (1968)
|Lav Nikolayevich Tolstoy
|Settlers Of Catan
|Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly
|Favorite Tennis Player
|Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani
|Rs. 60 Crores/film (As in 2018)
Some unknown facts
- Does Aamir Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Aamir comes from film industry background as his father was a film producer and his uncle was also a film-maker.
- His great grand uncle Abul Kalam Azad was a popular Indian freedom fighter as he led the Khilafat Movement and was an ardent supporter of Mahatma Gandhi. He has named his younger son Azad Rao Khan in the memory of his great grand uncle.
- His father’s film productions were a flop in a majority, which led to poor financial conditions. He told that at that time, there were around 30 calls a day from lenders calling for money and he was always at risk of being expelled from school for not paying fees.
- He was crazy about balloons and kites in his childhood.
- The same year, he played the younger role of Mahendra Sandhu in his father’s production Madhosh.
- Since his childhood, he was interested in playing lawn tennis and also represented his school in several state-level championships. He was also the state Tennis winner for Maharashtra.
- At 16, he worked as an Assistant Director with his friend Aditya Bhattacharya (Filmmaker Basu Bhattacharya’s son) in his silent experimental film titled Paranoia.
- For the promotion of his film- Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, he, along with his cousin and co-star Raj Zutshi, went on roads to stick the posters of the movie on the buses and auto-rickshaws in Bombay.